Handmade right here in Cleveland, Ohio our Organic Cotton Waffle Weave Face Cloths are incredibly light, soft, and absorbent! The honeycomb texture provides just enough texture for gentle makeup removal and facial cleansing.
- Great for use with our facial cleansing oil
- Made from a single layer of organic unbleached cotton waffle weave
- GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified
- Free from harmful pesticides and toxic dyes
- Finished with a serged edge using unbleached cotton thread
- Size: about 12" x 12" before washing
- natural cotton will shrink
- after measuring numerous cloths after washing, we found the shrinkage to be less than 10%
Two Buying Options: Ribbons not included
- One Cloth
- Eight Pack: if you will be using these as an alternative to disposable facial wipes or makeup pads the 8 pack saves you 12%.
Other Uses: Although we purchased these cloths to use with our facial cleansing oil, they are quite versatile.
- lightweight washcloth
- an option to disposable baby wipes
- reusable dishcloths
The organic cotton fabric is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS).
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibers, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain.
How to Use
AFTER USE: This pad is made from natural fibers and must be cared for.
- Treat this product as you would any natural fiber washcloth
- Thoroughly rinse after each use
- Wring to squeeze out any excess water and hang to dry in a well-ventilated area between uses
- The pad should be kept away from water when not in use to avoid mold/mildew growth
- Organic cotton face cloths are machine washable in warm or cold water on the gentle cycle with a mild detergent
- Avoid bleach or fabric softeners they can weaken ramie fibers
- Tumble dry on the low heat setting
How Does a Cleansing Oil Work?
A cleansing oil works its magic in two simple ways . . .
- oil dissolves oil
- skin with balanced oil production is happy skin
1. The concept of the oil cleansing method is rooted in one of the most basic principles of chemistry, “like dissolves like.”
Since water does not dissolve oil, if you wash with water you need some sort of soap or detergent. Think of soap as the middle-man that helps bring oil and water together so that the dirt and grease on your skin can be easily rinsed away.
Oils are what chemists call lipophilic, meaning that they are naturally attracted to other oils, including the excess skin oil (sebum) that causes breakouts and the oil by-products found in most makeup.
Even if you use water-based makeup, throughout the course of a day the makeup will mix with your natural facial oil.
A facial cleansing oil will dissolve away the dirty oil and makeup from your face and replenish it with clean, nourishing oil that protects and moisturizes throughout the day.
2. Using some good, natural, organic oil on your skin actually slows down its own oil production to maintain balance.
There is a huge misconception that using any oil on your face only creates more oil, more breakouts and leaves an oily residue. For years commercial skin care companies have told us we need to remove the oil from our skin, especially our faces.
The problem is that drying out your facial skin actually stimulates increase oil production--which is the opposite of what you are trying to achieve.
Our facial cleansing oil is formulated with a blend of organic oils and herbal infused oils that will balance sebum production and bind with the existing oil to unclog pores and cleanse impurities.
Using pure, organic oils whether to cleanse or simply moisturize will help balance sebum (natural skin oil) production, protect skin and keep it soft, smooth, and hydrated.
For more information please read our blog, "What Is A Facial Cleaning Oil? How Do I Use It?"
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.