Post-shave irritation is never a good thing. A nourishing after-shave balm can make the difference between a smooth, high-quality shave and one with razor burn and reddish bumps. Gently soothe freshly shaven skin with a moisturizing balm that is alcohol-free and will not dry out sensitive facial skin. Our Woodland Breeze™ balm has a warm scent with earthy and light citrus notes. Great for normal to dry skin.
- A creamy, soft solid that readily absorbs into your skin
- Especially great during dry winter months
- Moisturizing, but light, virgin coconut oil is high in antioxidants and has natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe and heal skin after shaving without clogging pores
- Rosehips oil, jojoba oil and virgin shea butter penetrate deep, to soothe, moisturize and nourish skin
- Cypress essential oil has astringent properties
- Juniper essential oil, a well known antiseptic, helps tone the skin
How to Use
- After shaving, completely rinse off shaving soap and splash face with cold water
- Gently pat face dry
- Rub a small dollop of balm between palms to warm
- Massage gently into facial skin until completely absorbed
- Reapply after each shave
- The balm may also be used before shaving to help prevent irritation
We do not use synthetic stabilizers or waxes, so our delicate natural products packaged in glass jars and metal tins are sensitive to temperature changes.
While shipping during warm weather seasons presents a real challenge to our natural skin care company, we accept the challenge in order to maintain our standard of natural and nourishing skin care. We hope you agree.
During warm weather, products may soften or even melt as they sit in warm mail trucks, mailboxes, or on front porches.
The quality and healing properties of our products are not affected by melting.
On sunny or warm days, BEFORE opening the jars or tins, place the items in your refrigerator for a few hours to allow them to harden, just in case they have melted in transit. If you open items, especially those in tins, to check if melting has occurred, they may spill and make a mess!
Whipped Body Butters & Whipped Sugar Scrubs
Whipped Body Butters: Our hand-whipped process adds tiny air bubbles that increase the volume, just like whipping cream. If a whipped product melts, the air bubbles collapse and the volume is decreased.
So, although the jar was filled to the top initially, there will be less volume in the container (since it has deflated) and the container may actually look half full.
After cooling, a melted Whipped Butter will be the consistency of our body balm and is still a great moisturizer.
If a Sugar Scrub melts, the oil may separate out a bit. Place it in the refrigerator. As it begins to harden up--give it a stir and place it back in the refrigerator. Once it's solidified and mixed it will be great to use!
What is most important is that neither the healing properties of the product nor the usability will be affected by the melting.
Trying to choose the right natural soap and skin care products can be a bit overwhelming especially when you have allergies and/or skin sensitivities.
Since we proudly list every ingredient in all of our products, reading the ingredient list will help to eliminate ingredients that may cause you problems.
We receive so many emails asking for help with allergies, we created categories in our “Help Me Choose” section to provide information for those with allergies or sensitivities to nuts, coconut, shea butter and gluten.
What Are Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils.
These natural compounds are found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits and other parts of plants.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents, they also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils can provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only. Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils to will provide the botanical benefits.
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
What Are Essential Oils? (Much more detail)
Go to our Blog Pages and click "Essential Oils" in the category section on the left to read a lot more information on essential oils.
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.