Whether you call them bath teas or bathing herbs, the skin pampering blend of soothing and softening botanicals, oats and Himalayan Pink Sea salt will help with dry skin, rashes, and itchy or inflamed skin. A great organic bath for babies and children too!
- Calendula, used for burns, inflammations, insect bites, rashes, and skin disorders is great for folks with sensitive skin
- Elder Flowers, an anti-inflammatory herb, helps heal rashes, cuts, and wounds
- Himalayan salt, long known for its soothing, softening and healing properties helps relieve tension and may even help with arthritis. Our Himalayan salt is organic compliant
- Oatmeal is a soothing, anti-inflammatory grain that helps calm dry, inflamed and sensitive skin
- 1 bag is enough for 3 - 4 soothing baths
- Reusable cotton muslin bag included!
We purchase our organic oats and oat flour from Stutzman's Farms. Read more about Stutzman's Farms in the FAQs on this page.
How to Use
- Fill the muslin bag with 1/3 to 1/2 cup of herbs
- Hang the bag from the faucet and allow hot water to run through the bag
- Or place the bag in bath under very warm running water
- Squeeze bag to release the botanical essence. Relax and soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
The herbal bag may be used as a compress on your temples, neck or other pulse points. Use as an “herbal washcloth,” with or without soap. When finished empty and rinse the bag and allow to dry.
For external use only!
Stutzman Farms, in Millersburg, is located right in the heart of the beautiful Ohio Amish farms of Holmes County. Monroe Stutzman runs the main Stutzman grains farm where they grow and mill organic grains in the traditional stone-ground fashion.
Stutzman Farms focuses on local and organic farming, as well as an on-site mill.
They do not bleach their flours or oats and do not use bromate or preservatives. They have many customers who follow a gluten-free diet and use their sprouted rolled oat and spelt flour. He has an amazing device called a ‘puffer’ which he uses to puff rice and corn that they then sweeten and sell all over Ohio.
Monroe's brother Arlie runs "Ice Shanty Cheese" and makes cheese from 100% grass-fed cow’s milk.
At Chagrin Valley Soap we believe in the power of small businesses and know they are the engine that drives our country. Small business owners and employees have expertise in their industry, passion for the products they manufacture and sell, value their customers and take a special pride in their trade.
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
Hi Ida! I just wanted to let you and the rest of the Chagrin Valley family know how much I love your Soothe My Skin Bath Tea! I had a few cuts and scratches on my arms and legs…My pet bunny “Cooper” likes to use me as his personal chew toy (I use your carrot and honey soap so that’s probably the reason…guess I taste pretty good!! LOL) I decided to try your bath tea. After a couple of uses, it really made a difference in my skin, the scratches were smooth and had even started to disappear. I even splashed some on my face and guess what? It makes an EXCELLENT toner!! I hope in the future you will consider creating facial teas. Your products are wonderful! I appreciate you using your talents and wisdom to better the lives of others. On behalf of my bunny Cooper…please continue making the soothe my skin bath tea! God Bless you and may you always prosper in every endeavor! Stephanie, Louisville, KY