Chagrin Valley Herbal Detangler is a natural organic herbal hair rinse made with specially selected organic herbs and botanicals to help decrease tangles naturally. No synthetic ingredients that can damage hair and cause build-up.
- Marsh Mallow, burdock root, flaxseed and hibiscus are rich in mucilage which provides slip to help detangle, condition, and moisturize hair
- Basil adds luster and shine to dull hair
- Rosemary helps condition hair and scalp
- 1 bag contains about 3/4 cup of tea, enough for at least 3 - 4 hair rinses
Reusable cotton muslin bag included!
How to Use
Directions for a Simple Detangler Hair Tea Rinse:
- Fill muslin bag with 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of herbs.
- Pour 1 1/4 cups of boiling water over herbal bag.
- Steep for at least 30 minutes covered.
- Remove herbs from the tea and make sure it’s not too hot.
- Use a Whole Head Rinse:
- As you slowly pour the tea over your wet head, massage the infusion into your hair and scalp.
- Keep a large bowl under your head to catch the liquid and reapply several times.
- Gently rinse it out with cool water or, for extra conditioning benefits, just leave it in and towel dry hair.
- Comb from the bottom up using a large-toothed comb.
- Pour the tea into a spray bottle.
- Spray tea on freshly washed hair and comb through.
- Do not rinse out, just style as usual.
Always make and store herbal hair preparations in nonreactive containers. Refrigerate leftover hair tea for 7 -10 days in a clean airtight container. Do not refrigerate tea in an aluminum container.
For more Detangler Tea recipes please read How to Use Our Organic Herbal Detangler Tea
For external use only!
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
The Leaping Bunny Program was developed in 1996, by The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), to identify and support companies that are doing their part to help eliminate the unnecessary use and mistreatment of animals to test cosmetic products and ingredients. The CCIC is made up of eight animal protection groups including the Humane Society of the U.S., as well as groups from Canada and Europe.
At Chagrin Valley we obviously do not test our finished products on animals (other than human volunteers), but what about the raw materials, the ingredients we use? Many products display labels claiming that their finished product is ‘not tested on animals’ but this does not guarantee that the product ingredients are actually free from animal testing.
The CCIC Standard is a pledge that a company makes to remove animal testing from all stages of product development. Our pledge to buy ingredients that are cruelty-free is integrated into the purchase order contract for all of our suppliers.
Personal care products displaying the “real” Leaping Bunny logo are certified ‘cruelty-free' using the internationally recognized Humane Cosmetics Standards. These rigorous standards require that no animal testing is performed or authorized for finished products or ingredients in any stage of product development by the company, its laboratories or its suppliers after a fixed cut-off date. All Leaping Bunny companies are subject to independent audits and pledge commitments are renewed on an annual basis.
At Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve . . .
- we do NOT test our products on animals
- we do NOT use ingredients tested on animals
- we do NOT sell into markets that require animal testing
The Leaping Bunny Program provides
the best assurance to consumers
that they are making compassionate shopping choices
by purchasing Cruelty-Free skin care!
Ida's Shampooing Technique for Long Hair
Men and women with short hair seldom have hair adjustment problems. Folks with long hair have to tinker a bit with technique and bar type. I have found that often times the technique can make all the difference.
You have to experiment with your unique hair type. I have long, fine hair. Below is my technique for using a shampoo bar. I...
- thoroughly wet my hair
- tie my long hair into a loose ponytail
- wet the shampoo bar and rub the bar across the top of my head in strokes from front to back until I have covered the entire scalp area. (I have found that if I rub any shampoo vigorously in all directions, my fine long hair gets very tangled)
- massage my entire scalp in a combing motion to work the lather through my hair. I do not rub the bar or work the lather on the length of my hair.
- take out my ponytail and rinse allowing the shampoo to drip down the length of my hair. (I have found that this rinsing is enough to clean the length of my hair.)
- rinse for at LEAST one minute as I rub my fingers through my hair to be sure that all of the shampoo is rinsed away
- squeeze gently on the length to remove excess water and cover with a towel while I dry off the rest of me. I do not rub the towel over my wet hair because it causes nasty tangles.
- use a wide toothed comb and gently comb from the bottom up
Dry and style your hair as usual!
When comparing vinegar rinse products
and prices please read the label ingredients
- Our ACV Rinses contain no water they are a pure concentrated vinegar rinse so you can add your own water to create the perfect rinse for your hair type.
- Many vinegar rinses are not concentrates, they are made with water--often as the first ingredient--which means that you are paying for a product that is mostly water.
- Our apple cider vinegar (ACV) finishing rinses are made with only organic ingredients.
- Our ACV rinses are made with only raw apple cider vinegar which contains the "mother," the storehouse of natural bacteria and enzymes that make this product so wonderful.
- We infuse our organic vinegar with certified organic herbs and organic essential oils that are great for the hair and scalp.
- Our ACV Rinses contain no water and therefore need no artificial preservatives.