Lip Balm Kit
Lip Balm Kit
Limit of 0 per order
On Sunday, July 11, 2021, at 2 pm (EDT), tune in to watch Ida & Sam for a live premiere video as we demonstrate how to make our Coconut Cream Lip Balm. The video is filled with helpful tips and lots of great information.
We have prepared a limited number of small kits in order to help you create the lip balm along with us.
Each kit includes
- three of our lip balm tins (size: 0.5 ounces each)
- enough certified organic beeswax* (about 6 grams) to make three lip balms
- a recipe card
- all packaged in a reusable muslin bag
*We purchased some tiny certified organic beeswax pearls to make the melting process easier. The beeswax is placed in one of the tins.
See the recipe below. You do not need to purchase the kit if you have beeswax and small containers.
The link to the video will be posted at a later date on the page linked above.
Please Note: The last date that these kits will be available for purchase is Monday, July 5, 2021. Although we cannot guarantee the delivery date, the kit should arrive in time for the virtual open house if ordered by this date.
How to Use
Here is the recipe that we will be using on the day of the virtual open house.
gram scale or measuring spoons
small glass pyrex measuring cup or small metal pitcher with a spout
stirring utensil (metal spoon or chopsticks work really well)
three 0.5 ounce metals tins or other small containers
small pot or saucepan with about 1 inch of water
Ingredients (preferably organic)
5.2 grams grated Beeswax (2 teaspoons)
37.3 grams Virgin Coconut Oil (2 ½ Tablespoons)
3.6 grams Castor Oil (2 teaspoons) OR 1.8 grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 teaspoon)
- Combine beeswax, coconut oil, and castor (or olive oil) in the glass measuring cup. (You can use a double boiler but for this small amount cleanup is easier with a small glass or metal pitcher in water)
- Set the pyrex measuring cup in the saucepan filled with about 1 inch of water.
- Gently heat the water on low to medium depending on your stove (you do not want the water to boil)
- Stir the ingredients often until they are completely melted
- Once melted, remove from stovetop
- Immediately pour the mixture into lip balm containers
- Allow to cool completely before placing caps onto the lip balm containers