Put an end to razor burn, bumps, and dry itchy skin! When you think traditional shaving, there's nothing better than lathering up with a quality bar of shaving soap. This natural shaving soap is enriched with shea and cocoa butters plus ayurvedic aritha (soapnuts) for a rich, creamy lather.
- The avocado, a treasury of vitamins, minerals and natural oils, is used in spas for moisturizing facial masks
- Bentonite clay provides razor glide for a clean, close, soothing shave
- Bay essential oil blended with allspice, clove and a touch of orange, create a sophisticated scent enjoyed by men and women
- Our round bar is 2 3/8 inch in diameter--great for shaving mugs
I began making soap in 2001 with ingredients that I believed in, for the people that I loved. After all these years, that goal has never changed.
Made with Organic Coconut Mik, Cocoa Butter & Avocado Oil
Certified Organic By OEFFA
A USDA Accredited Organic Certifying Agent
How to Use
Directions for a traditional wet-shave:
- Shave during or after a hot shower
- Give your shaving brush a good soaking with hot water
- Shake the brush a bit--you want it wet, not water-logged
- Take the brush and swirl it over the surface of the soap to generate a rich lather--it will be bubbly at first but as you swirl the lather will become thicker
- Apply the rich lather with the brush until it covers all the areas you want to shave.
- Shave with the grain of your beard
- For a very close shave, you can re-lather and shave very gently across the grain
- Rinse with cold water
- Apply an After-Shave Balm or Beard Oil or even a Face Oil to moisturize your skin
Aren't all handmade soaps the same? . . .
The answer is NO!
Saying a soap is "handmade" says nothing about quality of the ingredients or the knowledge and skill of the soapmaker!
Chagrin Valley is not just another soap and skin care company. We are committed to healthy skin, healthy people and a healthy planet.
We are a USDA Certified Organic Company specializing in luxurious, organic, handmade soaps rich in natural glycerin for healthier skin.
It's all about the ingredients! Inspired by our love of nature, we use organic herbs, seeds, flowers, vegetables, fragrant spices, fruits, pure essential oils and purifying clays for their exceptional skin care benefits and to provide natural color, aromatherapy, texture, or gentle exfoliation. Nothing artificial, nothing synthetic, no GMO’s, just natural wholesome ingredients.
Chagrin Valley's Natural Soap & Shampoo Bars Are...
- all natural
- made with USDA Certified Organic ingredients
- handcrafted in small batches using the old-fashioned Cold Process Method
- made with sustainable and fair trade ingredients
- certified cruelty-free
- free of detergents
- free of synthetic fragrances
- free of synthetic colors
- free of artificial preservatives
- free of artificial foam boosters
- free of alcohol and petroleum products
- free of synthetic additives
- free of GMOs
- mild and nourishing
- rich in natural glycerin
- magnificent long-lasting lather
- cured for 8 to 10 weeks
Our soap making process uses only natural and organic ingredients. Why add artificial ingredients to a handmade product?
Chagrin Valley Soaps Are Made Using Natural Ingredients and Are Biodegradable!
What Does Biodegradable Mean?
By definition, biodegradable means capable of being broken down by the action of living things, like natural bacteria, into simple substances that are not harmful to the environment.
If You Are A Camper Or Backpacker, Please Read On...
There are many soap makers out there with good intentions who are claiming that their biodegradable soap or shampoo is safe to use in rivers and streams.
Even biodegradable soap can eventually pollute lakes and streams if it is not used sparingly.
The bacteria that break down soap are present mostly in soil. That means that when you wash, please be sure that your soapy rinse water ends up in the soil away from fresh water sources like lakes, rivers, and streams.
What Are Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils.
These natural compounds are found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits and other parts of plants.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents, they also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils can provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only. Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils to will provide the botanical benefits.
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
What Are Essential Oils? (Much more detail)
Go to our Blog Pages and click "Essential Oils" in the category section on the left to read a lot more information on essential oils.
We often receive emails from concerned customers that have read about the devastating effects that palm plantations can have on tropical forests.
At Chagrin Valley Soap we treasure our planet and its inhabitants. We know that although we play a very small part, we must always make choices that are ecologically and socially responsible.
As the global demand for palm oil continues to increase we want to be part of the global initiative that changes how that palm oil tree is grown.
Our Palm Oil is grown and manufactured according to standards for sustainable practices set forth by Rainforest Alliance.
Chagrin Valley’s Palm Oil
Over 30 years ago large tracts of rainforest in South America were cleared via “slash and burn” with a promise to indigenous people that they would have fresh farm and grazing lands.
The top soil in the rainforest is very thin and with the trees gone there were no roots to serve as temporary water storage and no protection from the tree canopies to prevent soil runoff. As a result, all of the soil nutrients were washed away creating areas of barren land. (Picture to the right from Wikipedia)
The palm oil that we purchase comes from plantations that have been grown on these once barren lands in a region of the Amazon that was cleared 30-40 years ago. The palm plantation has reintroduced a new forest crop which has brought back many species of birds and other plants and animals and preserves forests surrounding the plantation. While not as diverse as native Rainforest, it is a huge improvement over barren grasslands.
As the global demand for palm oil continues to increase, we believe that if both manufacturers and consumers demand Certified Sustainable palm oil, producers will grow Certified Sustainable palm oil. That is the only way to really protect our rainforests.
If there is no demand, growers will continue the cheaper unsustainable practices, because no one is paying them for a sustainable product. (If you build it, they will come!)
So instead of eliminating palm oil, at Chagrin Valley we use certified organic, certified sustainable palm oil. Our palm oil is either Rainforest Alliance certified sustainable or Friend of the Earth certified sustainable.
Please read our blog, "Will A Palm Oil Boycott Really Help?"
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.