Accessory: Ayate Bath Scrubber
Accessory: Ayate Bath Scrubber
The Ayate scrubbing pad is made from 100% natural agave fiber. Perfect for an all-over vigorous exfoliation, it. can also be used to target rough spots like feet, elbows, and knees. Durable and long-lasting, this cloth can be machine washed and dried.
- Out Of Stock
This rough-textured scrubby pad with a strap exfoliates, invigorates, stimulates circulation, buffs and smooths the skin as it cleans and softens.
Ayate cloth is handwoven from 100% Agave fiber. Agave is grown in the wild without harmful chemicals or pesticides. Both the outside and the stuffing are made with agave plant fiber. The fiber is harvested from the leaves of the plant, hand-spun, and made into the outer part of the bath scrubber. Cleaned, unwoven natural agave sisal fiber is used as the inside padding to provide a vigorous and exhilarating body massage.
Agave fiber is mildew resistant, sustainable, biodegradable, and machine washable.
- Provides moderate abrasion to remove dead skin cells, improve circulation and revive dull skin
- Great for massaging your whole body with your favorite Chagrin Valley Soap to reveal soft, smooth skin.
- Great for a rigorous scrub on dry skin patches on the elbows, thighs, legs, and feet
- Scrubber size: approximately 6" x 4"
Since each ayate bath scrubber is handmade there may be some slight variation from artisan to artisan and also some variation in the natural fiber from one harvest to another.
How To Use
For first time use, soak in warm water for a few minutes to allow the fibers to soften.
After use, rinse scrubby thoroughly, squeeze out any excess water, and hang to dry.
AFTER USE: Although the agave fibers have some natural resistance to mildew growth they are still a natural fiber and must be cared for.
- Thoroughly rinse after each use
- Wring to squeeze out any excess water and hang to dry in a well-ventilated area between uses
- The pad should be kept away from water when not in use to avoid mold/mildew growth
- To remove any skin build-up in the pad I wash my ramie pad weekly in the sink with soap and water and allow it to thoroughly dry
- The scrubber is machine washable in warm or cold water on a gentle cycle with a mild detergent (I place mine in one of those mesh delicate bags to help preserve the cotton so it does not get lost in the machine)
- Avoid bleach or fabric softeners they can weaken ramie fibers
- Hang pad to air dry. While the manufacturer states that the pad can be tumble-dried on the low heat setting, we have never tried this
Suggestion: Replace the natural fiber pad after 4 to 6 months of frequent use or if there are signs of mildew growth
Effective, Feel Good Ingredients
The goal is simple: to Harness the Power & Simplicity of Nature® to cleanse, soothe, heal, and protect your skin and hair!
Our unique formulas rely on moisturizing oils and butters, healing botanicals, and pure essential oils. We choose every ingredient with one end-result in mind….the BEST possible natural skin care for YOU!