Body Balm: Intense Healing Hand Balm
Body Balm: Intense Healing Hand Balm
One of the best ways to protect yourself from all kinds of diseases is to wash your hands often. But all that scrubbing can dry out and irritate your skin. Our organic hand cream is formulated with moisturizing coconut oil, cocoa butter and healing botanicals to soothe and soften dry, cracked or chapped hands or any patch of dry skin.
- Out Of Stock
Your hands do a lot of hard work for you, so let our Healing Hand Balm do some hard work for your hands by providing the daily TLC they need.
This ultra-rich, ultra-moisturizing organic hand cream formulated with moisturizing plant oils, cocoa butter and healing botanicals, is the perfect solution for overworked hands as it smooths, soothes and softens the most dry, chapped, cracked, rough, or weathered hands.
Unrefined Shea Butter, a great emollient, is perfect for challenging skin issues. It soothes, moisturizes, and softens dry patches and helps ease irritated or inflamed skin conditions. Rich in fatty acids that nourish the skin, it is an excellent butter for keeping skin hydrated and soft.
Virgin Coconut Oil is a great all-over moisturizer rich in vitamin E and fatty acids. Easily penetrating, nourishing, emollient, and protective, it is recommended for dry, mature, and inflamed skin.
Sunflower Seed Oil, one of the most moisturizing vegetable oils, is a great oil for all skin types. It has emollient properties that not only help hydrate skin but also help the skin retain moisture which is great for delicate, dry, or mature skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties help soothe and heal skin irritated skin conditions, reduce redness, and promote smoother skin. Sunflower oil is recommended by the National Eczema Association to help ease eczema. Oils rich in linoleic acid, like sunflower, are also recommended for acne-prone skin.
The sunflower oil is infused with therapeutic botanicals. Each botanical adds its own unique properties to this healing balm. For more information on each botanical, click on the name in the ingredients list!
- Gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin
- Helps relieve the itching from dry skin
- Also great for elbows, knees, and anywhere else that needs extra love and moisture
Our hand balm is formulated to heal and protect skin better than commercial hand creams or lotions which are mostly water--often up to 90%. While these creams and lotions may give temporary relief, the cracking, dryness, and itching returns quickly. No water not only means that a little balm goes a long way, but also means no preservatives. Commercial creams and lotions often contain synthetic chemicals that contribute nothing to help and may even worsen irritation.
Packaging Note: We have some exciting news! Our Healing Hand Balm is next on the list to get its new packaging! In an effort to stick to our company ethos of "no waste," the packaging will be an odd mix of old and new this month!
How To Use
Gently massage the balm onto clean hands daily after work, gardening, leisure activities, or anytime your hands needs a little extra care (especially during Winter). For best results, apply after washing hands thoroughly, while hands are still warm.
- Very concentrated--so a little goes a long way
- Apply to dry skin trouble spots as needed throughout the day
- Within minutes it melts into your skin--leaving skin feeling ultra soft and supple
- Especially effective if used when skin is still warm and damp after washing or bathing
Dry, chapped hands, especially after washing, is a common problem. Here are some tips to help.
- Soap: Use a mild, moisturizing natural soap and stay away from detergent bars or liquid washes
- Water temperature: Very hot water can cause your skin to lose moisture more rapidly, leading to dryness. So keep the temperature lukewarm.
- Hand sanitizers are great to use when soap and water are not available, but many can dry and irritate skin. Moisturize your hands after the hand sanitizer has dried. Our Lotion Bars are easy to carry for some portable hand TLC.
- Gently dry hands. Your first instinct is probably to dry your hands until not even a drop of water is left. But it’s actually better to leave your hands a bit damp after drying it helps seal in moisture when using a moisturizer.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Use a gentle, natural, fragrance-free moisturizer. Stay away from lotions (which are mostly water) and go straight to a thick cream or salve that is rich and thick to provide more moisture to your skin.
If you have very sensitive skin or are simply trying a new product for the first time, we always recommend doing a patch test.
For external use only. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Best if used within 6 months of opening.
Effective, Feel Good Ingredients
The goal is simple: to Harness the Power & Simplicity of Nature® to cleanse, soothe, heal, and protect your skin and hair!
Our unique formulas rely on moisturizing oils and butters, healing botanicals, and pure essential oils. We choose every ingredient with one end-result in mind….the BEST possible natural skin care for YOU!
Organic Devils Claw
Organic Sunflower Oil infused with Organic Botanicals Rosemary, Devil’s Claw, Juniper Berries, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Thyme
*Ingredient is Fair Trade Certified
Shea Butter Note
Our Shea Butter is unrefined and has not been bleached or deodorized.
Pure unrefined shea butter has an earthy, nutty, smokey scent that ranges from mild to strong and can be quite pungent. Since our shea butter is a natural, unrefined product it retains its natural scent, color, and nutritional benefits. The scent and color of unrefined shea often vary from batch to batch.
Read our Shea Butter Tutorial which explains the various types of shea butter as well as why we believe that the benefits of unrefined shea butter far outweigh the cons of its smokey, pungent scent.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I Use A Natural Organic Body Cream?
Why use a natural organic body cream . . .
It is Natural
Well, first of all, it's an all-natural product. Commercial lotions are NOT. Our Body Balms and Whipped Shea Butters only contain the ingredients that they need to moisturize your skin.
Creams and lotions formulated with synthetic ingredients often aggravate sensitive skin, exacerbate irritated skin conditions, and trigger allergic dermatitis.
The organic oils and butters we use do NOT contain petroleum based chemicals (Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin), chemical emulsifiers (DEA, MEA, TEA), chemical preservatives (Parabens, Urea), Propylene Glycol, artificial colors, or synthetic fragrances.
Have you ever noticed that when you use your body lotion your skin never stays moist and you find yourself going back to the lotion bottle over and over?
Look at the ingredients. The main ingredient in lotion is water! Once water is added to make a lotion, preservatives are needed to prevent mold and bacteria growth.
No Alcohol or Petroleum Ingredients
Commercial lotions often contain isopropyl alcohol and/or mineral oil. Both of these actually are very drying to your skin. The alcohol gives a temporary sense of coolness due to evaporation.
Mineral oil is a clear, liquid oil with no scent and will not spoil. It is very inexpensive because it is the liquid by-product of the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline and other petroleum-based products from crude oil. It is found in lotions, soaps, baby oil, cosmetics, and motor oil. Mineral oil
It is great for oiling your wooden cutting boards--but not your skin. Mineral oil does not penetrate to soften. It is difficult to absorb, coats your skin and clogs the pores. If you would like to have healthy skin, stay away from mineral oils, animal fat, petroleum, and synthetic oil based skincare.
It Has So Many Uses
We know that natural body butters make great moisturizing body creams. But here are some other ways we have used these balms and butters:
- Get rid of those cracked heels
- Gently massage into very dry areas on your face
- Soothe and smooth skin after shaving
- Add a dollop to your hot bath water instead of using synthetic bath oils
- Massage some into your cuticles to soften them
- Massage into your lips for a great all natural lip balm
HINT: If you enjoy the application "feeling" of a lotion better than a cream, try massaging our rich Whipped Butters into warm, wet skin after a bath or shower. Wait a few moments and gently pat dry. (Do not rub the skin dry!)
Since a lotion is just a lot of water mixed with oils, a rich natural butter on warm wet skin will have a similar feel.
Remember, the skin is the body's largest organ
and it needs to breathe as part of its
important role in maintaining overall health!
View Answer Page
Are Chagrin Valley Ingredients & Products USDA Certified Organic?
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic Company
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
Some of my favorite products are made with ingredients that just do not exist as certified organic. Why? At this time there are no standards created for ingredients specifically used in the personal care product industry. Organic certification of personal care products is based on the organic food standards set by the National Organic Program of the USDA.
But since we are a certified organic company, we are required to submit documentation that even our "non-organic ingredients" were produced without the use of toxic pesticides, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), sewage sludge, or irradiation.
View Answer Page