Herbal Hair Tea Rinses
Herbal infusions have been used for centuries to naturally soften hair, increase manageability, and restore luster, body, and bounce.
Unlike commercial conditioners, natural hair rinses have no harmful ingredients, leave no harmful residues and rinse clean.
Our Hair tea recipe blends have been designed with specific herbs that have been found helpful in achieving a particular result. Herbal Hair Tea rinses can provide deep cleansing, enrich natural hair color, soothe irritation, prevent dandruff, or stimulate the scalp to increase growth.
Basic Herbal Tea Hair Rinse Recipe
Prepare the Tea
- Boil 2 cups of water
- Place 3 to 4 tablespoons of hair tea into the muslin bag included with the tea and secure tightly
- Turn off the heat and allow the herbs to steep for at least 1 hour
- Allow the tea to cool
- Give the bag a final squeeze to capture all of the botanical essence
- If bits of herbs escaped the bag, strain the tea
- Pour the cooled tea into a clean spray bottle, plastic squeeze bottle, or another container
When your infusion is complete, toss the contents of the tea bag into the garden or compost. Rinse the bag and allow it to dry.
Time saving tip: Double or triple the recipe and save the extra tea so you always have some rinse on hand. You can refrigerate leftover hair tea for 7-10 days in a clean airtight container. Do not refrigerate tea in aluminum containers. For longer storage you can also freeze the hair tea in small batches for up to 6 months.
If you are making larger recipes with lots of herbs you may want to use more than one bag or just use the loose tea. If you pack the muslin bag with too many herbs, they will not be able to infuse completely.
How To Use The Tea Rinse
Our hair tea can be used in several ways.
Use in the Shower
- Wash your hair with a natural shampoo and rinse thoroughly
- Squirt, spray, or gently pour a good amount of the tea rinse onto wet hair and be sure to saturate your scalp
- Gently massage the herbal tea into your scalp and hair to the ends
- Let it sit for a few of minutes while you finish your shower
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water and towel dry
Hair Refresher Spritz: Place your rinse into a clean spray bottle and lightly spritz on damp or dry hair anytime!
Our Herbal Hair Rinses are great all by themselves. If you are feeling creative or enjoy experimenting with natural hair care solutions there are a lot of simple ingredients you can add to our herbal hair rinses.
For more information about special additives, check out the bottom half of our blog, How To Use Herbal Hair Tea Rinses