An unscented blend of soothing mineral-rich sea salts, Dead Sea salt, and Epsom salt that enhances the natural healing and soothing effects of a warm bath, helps release stress, relaxes muscles, and stimulates circulation.
- Salt baths have been shown to have some benefits for people with psoriasis or eczema by easing scaling, redness, irritation, and soothing irritated skin conditions
- Epsom salt, rich in magnesium and sulfate, helps reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps, ease stress, and improve blood circulation
- Dead Sea Salt, rich in minerals, has been renowned for its therapeutic effects since ancient times
- The skin can absorb minerals lost due to the sun, age, and pollution, to provide healthier-looking skin
- Natural salt baths help cleanse pores, balance skin oils, improve circulation, and ease muscular pain and joint stiffness
How to Use
Directions: Soaking in a warm bath is one of the most effective ways to relax, and adding pure therapeutic bath salt enhances the benefits of a warm bath.
- Pour 3 - 4 heaping tablespoons (or spatulas) of salts directly into tub under warm running water
- Use hands to swirl the salts into the water
- Large and small size crystals dissolve at different rates
- Tub sizes vary--so experiment to your liking
- Feel body tension melt away!
- Soak for 20-30 minutes and rinse if desired
While salt baths have many beneficial effects, people who are under a doctor's care for any condition should consult their health care provider before taking salt baths.
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
We use three different organic/natural symbols on our website.
Each symbol has a unique definition!
The "certified organic" labeling has been developed by the USDA and refers to organic claims and labeling on food and personal care products in the United States. The USDA has very strict guidelines for the percentage of organic ingredients necessary to receive organic certification. Other countries have their own certification procedures, requirements, and standards. Labeling criteria and allowable ingredients differ from those in the US.
The USDA Organic Logo Label can be used on products that meet the standards of the first two tiers of the organic labeling system in which 95 - 100% of the ingredients are certified organic.
Most of our non-soap products fall into this category and display the USDA logo!
The Certified Organic by OEFFA label is used in our company for two reasons . . .
Soaps and Shampoos: These products contain at least 8% of the sodium hydroxide due to the process of soapmaking. Our "organic" soap is about 87% to 92% organic, but the USDA standard states that a product must be made of 95-100% organic ingredients in order to bear the USDA Certified Organic seal shown above. We are also not allowed to use the words "organic soap" on the label.
Wildharvested Ingredients: When using any agricultural ingredient (any ingredient that has a biological origin) that is not certified organic the same labeling rules we use for soap apply.
The USDA rules for proper labeling state that the products may display the certifying agent's logo but not the USDA organic logo. Our USDA certifying agency is OEFFA (The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association). Their logo is displayed on our "organic" soaps and shampoos.
Why do some soap companies use the word "organic" on their labels--even though it is against the rules? Click Here to Read More about Rules for Organic Labeling of Soap!
An Unofficial Label
Although not official labels, we use the label on the left on our website and the label on the right on our packaging. We use them for products, like the Dead Sea Black Clay, Bamboo Charcoal, Rhassoul Clay & Yogurt and Loofah Pumice Foot Soaps and our Mud & Clay and Rosemary Mint Charcoal Shampoo Bars because although they are made with organic ingredients, they do not fit the criteria for either label category described above.
Organic certification is based on organic farming and agriculture standards. As a result, the list of allowable non-agricultural ingredients (like clay, salt, mud etc) is based on raw materials used in agriculture or food production. Unfortunately, ingredients like Rhassoul Clay, Pumice, Dead Sea Mud and Bamboo Charcoal are not used in farming or food production and thus do not appear on the list.
Although it may seem long, this is really a very brief description. For more detailed information please read, "What Do All Of The Organic Labels Mean?"
Trying to choose the right natural soaps or skincare products can be a bit overwhelming especially when you have allergies and/or skin sensitivities.
Since we proudly list every ingredient in all of our products, reading the ingredient list will help to eliminate ingredients that may cause you problems.
We always recommend doing a patch test before using any new products especially if you have sensitive skin or allergies.
We receive so many emails asking for help with allergies, we created categories in our “Help Me Choose” section to provide information for those with allergies or sensitivities to nuts, coconut, shea butter and gluten.
Thank you for making a really nice bath salt that is not scented. I am very sensitive to smelly things (even natural ones) and most companies don't get the idea that even though people like me don't like scented things we still like to be pampered. Just ordered 2 more jars. It helps me relax and makes my skin feel so nice and soft. I have mild eczema and these baths really help. I have noticed you make a bunch things for the bath without scent. I can't thank you enough! Jamie, California