How To Use a Natural Dry Dog Shampoo
Need to freshen your dog’s coat between washes? A dry dog shampoo is designed to clean your furry friend’s coat, without requiring water rinsing. The powder absorbs excess oils and leaves your dog's coat smelling fresh and clean while boosting natural shine. Our dry dog shampoo combines soothing and deodorizing ingredients in an easy-to-use shaker bottle.
How to use a dry dog shampoo for an easy, effective clean
- Brush Dog’s coat thoroughly
- Shake bottle to loosen powder
- Always apply to a completely dry coat
- Lightly sprinkle the Dry Shampoo along the spine of the dog’s coat while gently spreading to the sides with your fingers as you massage the powder into the fur
- Be careful when working around the face avoiding contact with the eyes
- Let the dry shampoo sit for a few minutes to give the ingredients time to start working
- Use a towel to remove the excess dry shampoo
- Finish by lightly brushing until powder disappears
Don’t overdo it! If you use too much dry shampoo, the powder can build up and may cause itchiness.
Patch Test: Especially if your pooch has sensitive skin, do a patch test before the first dry shampoo bath. Apply a small amount onto a small area of your dog’s skin and see if there are any reactions to the product. If you have any concerns always check with your veterinarian.
Balance your dry shampoo "baths" with regular baths. Give your dog a normal bath with a natural dog shampoo after 3 to 4 dry shampoo baths to prevent the excess build up of powder which can irritate skin.
For Dogs and Puppies 6 weeks and older
Products with essential oils should NOT be used on cats