What Is A Warm Body Butter Lotion & Massage Candle?
Candle massages have been popping up at spas. Our natural Body Lotion Massage Candles provide a unique opportunity to enjoy a warm moisturizing body butter, a warm nourishing massage oil, and enchanting aromatherapy all in one.
A massage candle is basically a way to create warm oil for a massage or dry skin treatment.
Though they may look like traditional candles, they are actually a solid body oil. A lovely blend of organic carrier oils, butters, and skin-safe essential oils that work together to soften skin, hydrate, and rejuvenate. A luxurious way to enjoy the nourishing benefits of skin-softening plant oils and butters infused with aromatic blends of essential oils.
- Organic Virgin Shea Butter moisturizes and nourishes, and is excellent for dry, damaged, and maturing skin.
- Organic Unrefined Avocado Oil, a wonderfully hydrating oil, acts as a humectant that draws water molecules to the skin to help retain and preserve the moisture in your skin.
- Organic Unrefined Cocoa Butter is an excellent moisturizer as it acts as an emollient (softening and soothing to the skin) that adds a protective layer that helps lock in natural moisture to soothe and soften dry, itchy skin.
- Nutrient-rich Organic Sunflower Seed Oil is easily absorbed, light, and highly moisturizing oil that helps soothe irritated skin conditions, promotes smoother skin, and is good for all skin types.
Choose a scent to set the mood or help with relaxation, muscle soreness, or congestion.
To enjoy our hand-poured Lotion Candles, simply light the candle (see directions below) and watch as it melts into a rich, warm, emollient pool of body lotion packed with nourishing butters and botanical oils. During this time the scent of the pure essential oils will begin to gently fill the air.
Once liquified, the candle will transform into a slowly absorbing, high-slip massage lotion that nourishes and hydrates the skin. Our candles are a wonderful intensive treatment for dry skin. Nourishing butters and oils melt at a low temperature to create a warm moisturizer that quickly absorbs into your skin.
- An intensive treatment for hands, elbows, feet or any dry skin places
- A rich, warm, emollient massage oil
- A soothing cream for manicures and pedicures
- I use the warm lotion candle to relieve the pain in my arthritic hands during cold winter weather
- Light before you get in the shower or bath and then massage the warm oils into your warm damp skin for some intense moisturizing (especially nice for winter dryness).
- Massaging warm oil helps promote circulation which helps relax muscles.
The aroma is less intense in a massage candle compared to a normal fragrance candle. Since a massage candle is applied to the skin, we use a skin-safe concentration of essential oils. Massage candles are to meant to provide light aromatherapy and scent your body not your room.
How to Use Our Warm Body Lotion Candle
To ensure an even burn and long-lasting candle, make sure to trim your wick to about 1/4 inch before lighting. Burn on a stable, flat, heat resistant surface.
Light the Candle:
- To use the massage oil candle, light it and allow it to burn for 10 – 15 minutes or until the top level of warm oil pool evenly and there is still solid candle oil underneath.
- During this time the scent of the essential oils will begin to fill the air.
Blow out the Flame*
- (I know the picture does not show that--but it looks prettier!) Yes, always extinguish candle before attempting to use the oil.
Apply the Oil
- For small areas, dip finger into pooled oil and massage into skin.
- For larger areas, pour the warm oil directly into your hand or on the body and immediately massage into the skin.
- For the Sore Muscle Candle massage directly into sore muscles and joints. For congestion, place a dab under your nose or use for sinus massage.
- The candle melts at just above body temperature.
- The oils should feel warm, but not hot. If you are concerned about the temperature, pour a small bit onto the back of your hand to test.
The leftover candle will solidify to use another day. Keep wick trimmed to about ¼ inch. Be sure to replace the lid after use to keep candle clean.
Tip: Light before you get in the shower or bath and then massage the warm oils into your warm damp skin for some intense moisturizing (especially nice for winter dryness).
*To extinguish your candle, gently blow out the flame. Never attempt to extinguish a candle using water.
- The leftover candle will solidify to use another day.
- Keep wick trimmed to about ¼ inch.
- Be sure to replace the lid after use to keep candle clean.
Massage candles can also be used as part of a warm manicure or pedicure treatment at home.
Safety and Important Information
- For external use only
- If any irritation occurs at anytime discontinue use
- Please follow all other regular candle care and safety instructions
- As with all candles never leave a burning candle unattended and keep away from flammable material, children, and pets
- If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, have a medical condition, or have any medical concerns regarding yourself or your family always consult a qualified, licensed health professional prior to using aromatherapy.
- As with any new skin care product, we recommend a simple patch test before using on your whole body, especially if you have sensitive skin.