How to Use a Natural Body Powder
The idea of using a "body powder" or "dusting powder" might seem a bit old-fashioned but if you have not tried our silky organic body powder, you don't know what you are missing!
Chagrin Valley’s gentle, organic herbal body powders provide soft, silky skin protection. It is basically a powdered deodorant that you can apply anywhere on your body.
Organic root powders, soothing botanicals, and natural clay help regulate skin moisture by absorbing excess oil and perspiration which helps reduce the friction that causes heat rashes, chafing, and irritation.
Talc-free, cornstarch free, gluten-free, synthetic-free
For a velvety soft feeling, use on clean, DRY skin after bathing or showering
We recommend sprinkling the powder on your hand first and then applying it to a specific area as opposed to shaking it directly on the skin. It is less messy and will save you from wasting powder.
As a Body Powder
- Tap a small amount of dusting powder into the palm of your hand, powder puff or powder brush.
- Pat evenly over skin ensuring the powder is evenly spread and worked into the skin to stay fresh, dry and silky smooth.
- Add more if needed.
- For the delicate décolleté area (neck and upper chest) try a makeup brush.
- If using body powder, do not use a moisturizer first. These two products do not play well together!
To Prevent Chafing
- Say goodbye to chafing and irritation from long days or a workout.
- Pay special attention to areas where you perspire most.
- Apply powder to those areas that are prone to chafing.
- Sprinkle a small amount of powder onto your hand.
- Gently massage the powder into the skin until it is fully incorporated.
As a Gentle Powder Underarm Deodorant
- For best results, make sure your underarms are clean and dry.
- Sprinkle a small amount of powder onto your hand, powder puff, or powder brush.
- Rub your hands together and feel the silky, soft, naturally absorbent powders that will help keep you fresh.
- Massage the powder into your underarms and cover the entire surface area of your armpits until it is absorbed into the skin.
- It may take time for your body to adapt to any natural deodorant if you currently use antiperspirant.
- During hot, muggy summer months some people like to add a bit of body powder on top of their deodorant
Our super absorbent, fresh scented body powders are so versatile and have many uses.
Freshen Sheets: Sprinkle are small amount of powder over the bottom bedsheet where you sleep. Use you hand to rub the powder into the sheet until there is a smooth layer of powder dust. Enjoy the silky feeling and refreshing fragrance as you slip into the bed. For extra freshness, dust your sheets in the morning before making your bed.
Head to the Beach: Pack your powder when going to the beach. Simply sprinkle the powder onto your hands and rub onto sandy areas to remove sand. Since the powder absorbs moisture from the skin, the sand has nowhere to stick!
A great product for traveling since one powder can do it all in a pinch
- Sprinkle on your feet
- Sprinkle anywhere you want to keep odors in check- shoes, gym bag, etc.
- Sprinkle on your scalp to absorb dirt and oil