Turn your tub into a skin softening, soothing, comforting spa as mineral-rich salts and aromatherapy enhance the natural healing and soothing effects of a warm bath to help release stress, relax muscles, stimulate circulation and help you unwind after a stress-filled day.
All your worries will slip away as you sink into a relaxing bath, breathe deeply and experience the natural therapeutic effects of our bath salt formulated with our dreamy blend of essential oils that will help provide feelings of relaxation, balance, and contentment. A warm bath is a perfect addition to your bedtime routine.
- Aromatherapy: The floral and woody scent of Lavender creates a serene and relaxing atmosphere that promotes a restful night’s sleep or stress relief at any time. Skin Care: Lavender oil can help ease, soothe and promote the healing of irritated skin conditions. It is useful for acne, oily skin, burns, sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, and insect bites.
- Aromatherapy: Rosemary essential oil can be both energizing and relaxing. The scent of rosemary is associated with feelings of contentment which can help reduce stress levels and nervous tension, eliminate negative moods and clear the mind. Skin Care: Rosemary helps balance oily or problem skin and soothe dry skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties make it helpful for irritated skin conditions. Its soothing and pain-relieving properties can help alleviate aches and pains from sore muscles and joints.
- Lavender and rosemary also help rejuvenate dull skin and relieve mind and body fatigue
- Natural salt baths help cleanse pores, balance skin oils, improve circulation and ease muscular pain and joint stiffness
- A soothing soak leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
- You will feel relaxed and refreshed
Our salts are tested for purity, naturally harvested, untreated and organic compliant.
How to Use
- Pour 3 - 4 heaping tablespoons (or spatulas) of salts directly into the tub under warm running water
- Use hands to swirl the salts into the water
- Large and small size crystals dissolve at different rates
- Tub sizes vary--so experiment to your liking
- Breathe deep and enjoy the aromatherapy
- Feel body tension melt away!
- Soak for 20-30 minutes and rinse if desired
While salt baths have many beneficial effects, people who are under a doctor's care for any condition should consult their health care provider before taking salt baths.
What Are Pure Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils.
These natural compounds are found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits, and other parts of plants. It often requires several pounds of a plant to produce a single bottle of essential oil.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents but also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils may provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits for some people.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only.
Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils will provide the botanical benefits.
Be careful that the essential oil-containing products you purchase for topical use are mixed with the correct medium.
Essential oils are soluble (dissolve) in alcohol and carrier oils. However, they are insoluble (do not dissolve) in water or water-based liquids like hydrosols, milk, aloe, or even witch hazel (which contains a small amount of alcohol).
When mixed with a water-based ingredient the molecules of the essential oil will float in tiny droplets on the surface (think of oil droplets on the surface of water). Those droplets can behave like undiluted essential oils on your skin and cause irritation.
What Are Essential Oils? (Much more detail)
Go to our Blog Pages and click "Essential Oils" in the category section on the left to read a lot more information on essential oils.
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
Pregnancy & Children: We do not provide information on the safety of essential oils during Pregnancy or for use in Children because the available information is very ambiguous and often contradictory. If you’re interested in using essential oils during pregnancy or with young children please do your own research and consult your doctor, midwife, or health care professional before use.
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
All of Chagrin Valley's natural soap, shampoo bars, and personal care products are certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
The Leaping Bunny Program was developed in 1996, by The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), to identify and support companies that are doing their part to help eliminate the unnecessary use and mistreatment of animals to test cosmetic products and ingredients. The CCIC is made up of eight animal protection groups including the Humane Society of the U.S., as well as groups from Canada and Europe.
At Chagrin Valley we obviously do not test our finished products on animals (other than human volunteers), but what about the raw materials, the ingredients we use? Many products display labels claiming that their finished product is ‘not tested on animals’ but this does not guarantee that the product ingredients are actually free from animal testing.
The CCIC Standard is a pledge that a company makes to remove animal testing from all stages of product development. Our pledge to buy ingredients that are cruelty-free is integrated into the purchase order contract for all of our suppliers.
Personal care products displaying the “real” Leaping Bunny logo are certified ‘cruelty-free' using the internationally recognized Humane Cosmetics Standards. These rigorous standards require that no animal testing is performed or authorized for finished products or ingredients in any stage of product development by the company, its laboratories or its suppliers after a fixed cut-off date. All Leaping Bunny companies are subject to independent audits and pledge commitments are renewed on an annual basis.
At Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve . . .
- we do NOT test our products on animals
- we do NOT use ingredients tested on animals
- we do NOT sell into markets that require animal testing
The Leaping Bunny Program provides
the best assurance to consumers
that they are making compassionate shopping choices
by purchasing Cruelty-Free skin care!