A natural organic herbal hair rinse designed to relieve flakiness and calm the itchy scalp. This blend of specially selected organic herbs and botanicals will help soothe the irritated and inflamed scalp from conditions such as dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.
- Burdock helps soothe irritated scalp conditions like dandruff, decrease breakage and repair hair while adding sheen
- Thyme has antiseptic and antifungal properties that cleanse, heal and soothe the scalp
- Peppermint leaves are widely recognized for their anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and astringent properties
- Chamomile promotes healthy hair growth by correcting issues with scalp inflammation
- 1 bag is enough for 3 - 4 rinses
- Reusable cotton muslin bag included!
How to Use
Directions for a Simple Herbal Hair Rinse Tea:
- Fill muslin bag with 2 to 3 tablespoons of herbs.
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water over herbal bag.
- Steep for at least 30 minutes covered.
- Remove herbs from the tea and make sure it’s not too hot.
- As you slowly pour the tea over your wet head, massage the infusion into your hair and scalp.
- Keep a large bowl under your head to catch the liquid and reapply several times.
- Gently rinse it out with cool water or, for extra conditioning benefits, just leave it in and towel dry hair.
Always make and store herbal hair preparations in nonreactive containers. Refrigerate leftover hair tea for 10-14 days in a clean airtight container. Do not refrigerate tea in an aluminum container.
For more recipes please read How to Use Herbal Hair Tea Rinses
For external use only!
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
The Leaping Bunny Program was developed in 1996, by The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), to identify and support companies that are doing their part to help eliminate the unnecessary use and mistreatment of animals to test cosmetic products and ingredients. The CCIC is made up of eight animal protection groups including the Humane Society of the U.S., as well as groups from Canada and Europe.
At Chagrin Valley we obviously do not test our finished products on animals (other than human volunteers), but what about the raw materials, the ingredients we use? Many products display labels claiming that their finished product is ‘not tested on animals’ but this does not guarantee that the product ingredients are actually free from animal testing.
The CCIC Standard is a pledge that a company makes to remove animal testing from all stages of product development. Our pledge to buy ingredients that are cruelty-free is integrated into the purchase order contract for all of our suppliers.
Personal care products displaying the “real” Leaping Bunny logo are certified ‘cruelty-free' using the internationally recognized Humane Cosmetics Standards. These rigorous standards require that no animal testing is performed or authorized for finished products or ingredients in any stage of product development by the company, its laboratories or its suppliers after a fixed cut-off date. All Leaping Bunny companies are subject to independent audits and pledge commitments are renewed on an annual basis.
At Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve . . .
- we do NOT test our products on animals
- we do NOT use ingredients tested on animals
- we do NOT sell into markets that require animal testing
The Leaping Bunny Program provides
the best assurance to consumers
that they are making compassionate shopping choices
by purchasing Cruelty-Free skin care!
Shampoo Bars Are One Of Our Favorite Discoveries!
The wholesome goodness of our handcrafted soap is available for your hair.
Shampoo bars are an all natural conditioning shampoo in a solid bar form. Yes, this is real shampoo in a solid bar. Shampoo bars are not a new idea.
They were commonly used before liquid detergent shampoos and conditions were invented in the 1940's.
Although the process for making a shampoo bar is the same as making soap, our shampoo bar "recipes" are specially formulated with natural plant oils, butters, botanicals and essential oils that nourish your hair and scalp.
Our shampoo bars contain no artificial fragrance, color, preservatives, detergents, alcohol, urea, formaldehyde, sodium lauryl sulfate, DEA, propylene glycol - or any of the other synthetic hair care additives.
Each of our shampoo bar selections contains a different blend of natural plant oils, essential oils, and herb infused oils. No two recipes are the same.
Which Shampoo Bar Is Best For My Hair?
Everything You Want To Know About Shampoo Bars!
Please read "Everything About Shampoo Bars!"