Intense Healing Hand Balm
Your hands do a lot of hard work for you, so let our Healing Hand Balm do some hard work for your hands by providing the daily TLC they need.
An ultra-rich, ultra-moisturizing organic hand cream formulated with moisturizing coconut oil, cocoa butter and healing botanicals, is the perfect solution for overworked hands as it smooths, soothes and softens the most dry, chapped, cracked, rough, or weathered hands.
- Gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin
- Helps relieve the itching from dry skin
- Moisturizes with botanical oils and Beeswax
- Also great for elbows, knees, and anywhere else that needs extra love and moisture
Our hand balm is formulated to heal and protect skin better than commercial hand creams or lotions which are mostly water--often up to 90%. While these creams and lotions may give temporary relief, the cracking, dryness, and itching always returns. No water means that a little balm goes a long way. Also commercial creams and lotions contain synthetic chemicals that contribute nothing to help and may even worsen irritation.
Organic Sunflower Oil infused with Organic Rosemary, Devil’s Claw, Juniper Berries, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Thyme
How to Use
For best results, gently massage the salve onto your clean hands daily after work, gardening, leisure activities, or anytime your hands needs a little extra care (especially during Winter). For best results, apply after washing hands thoroughly, while hands are still warm.
- Very concentrated--so a little goes a long way
- Apply to dry skin trouble spots as needed throughout the day
- Within minutes it melts into your skin--leaving skin feeling ultra soft and supple
- Especially effective if used when skin is still warm and damp after bathing
Remember, the skin is the body's largest organ
and it needs to breathe as part of its
important role in maintaining overall health!
Well, first of all, it's an all-natural product. Commercial lotions are NOT. Our Whipped Shea Butters only contain the ingredients that they need. Creams and lotions created in a lab often clog pores, aggravate acne, trigger allergic reactions, and make skin feels heavy and greasy.
The organic oils and butters we use do NOT contain petroleum based chemicals (Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin), chemical emulsifiers (DEA, MEA, TEA), chemical preservatives (Parabens, Urea), Propylene Glycol, artificial colors, or synthetic fragrances.
Lotions have a very high water content. Once water is added to make a lotion, it is almost impossible to create an all natural product and still keep the bacteria and mold out.
No Alcohol or Petroleum Ingredients
Have you ever noticed that when you use your body lotion your skin never stays moist and you find yourself going back to the lotion bottle over and over?
Look at the ingredients. Often times water is the main ingredient. Commercial lotions often contain isopropyl alcohol and/or mineral oil. Both of these actually are very drying to your skin. The alcohol gives a temporary sense of coolness due to evaporation.
Mineral oil is found in lotions, soaps, baby oil, cosmetics, and motor oil. Mineral oil is a clear, liquid oil with no scent and will not spoil. It is very inexpensive because it is produced as a byproduct of the distillation of gasoline from crude oil. It is great for oiling your wooden cutting boards--but not your skin. Mineral oil does not penetrate to soften. It is difficult to absorb, coats your skin and clogs the pores. If you would like to have healthy skin, stay away from mineral oils, animal fat, petroleum, and synthetic oil based skincare.
No Propylene Glycol
Commercial creams and lotion often contain propylene glycol, which acts as a “humectant, preservative or stabilizer. Commercial skin-care products are stored and shipped and must have a very long shelf-life. Propylene glycol helps the fragrance, consistency and product appearance to remain attractive throughout its long life.
While the FDA has categorized propylene glycol as "Generally Recognized as Safe," and some say that
Your Natural Cream Has So Many Uses
We know that natural body butters make great moisturizing body creams. But here are some other ways we have used these balms and butters:
- Get rid of those cracked heels
- Gently massage into very dry areas on your face
- Soothe and smooth skin after shaving
- Add a dollop to your hot bath water instead of using synthetic bath oils
- Massage some into your cuticles to soften them
- Massage into your lips for a great all natural lip balm
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.