Nourishing oils and butters, whipped with a medley of sugars, honey and sea salt moisturize and soften hard-working hands and feet! Polish your hands and feet with this invigorating organic sugar scrub with the scent of fresh coconut and lime.
- Lime essential oil provides a refreshing scent and natural antibacterial properties that help provide deep cleaning.
- Great for calloused hands and feet
- Great for cleaning and softening hands after a day in the garden
- For folks who like a super scratchy scrub, this can also be used for the body!
- Try our bamboo spoon for scooping out scrub
International Customers: The 10 ounce size is not available with the Flat Rate Envelope option.
All of our sugars are organic and vegan (bone-char free).
How to Use
- Massage onto wet hands or feet
- After rinsing, the skin may feel tacky due to the honey
- Pat dry, wait a moment and you will feel soft smooth, silky skin
This is an all natural preservative FREE product. Do not dip your fingers or get water into the container. Please use a small spoon or craft stick to remove the sorbet from the jar.
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
We do not use synthetic stabilizers or waxes, so our delicate natural products packaged in glass jars and metal tins are sensitive to temperature changes.
While shipping during warm weather seasons presents a real challenge to our natural skin care company, we accept the challenge in order to maintain our standard of natural and nourishing skin care. We hope you agree.
During warm weather, products may soften or even melt as they sit in warm mail trucks, mailboxes, or on front porches.
The quality and healing properties of our products are not affected by melting.
On sunny or warm days, BEFORE opening the jars or tins, place the items in your refrigerator for a few hours to allow them to harden, just in case they have melted in transit. If you open items, especially those in tins, to check if melting has occurred, they may spill and make a mess!
What is most important is that neither the healing properties of the product nor the usability will be affected by the melting.
We hand blend all of our own products in small batches to ensure freshness, consistency, and perfection.
Our products are not made to sit on store shelves for years and years.
Although there are natural preservatives within the chemical structure of natural ingredients, they are nowhere near as potent as the synthetic preservatives used in commercial products to prolong shelf-life.
Other than soap, our products are remade every few weeks and none are very old when they are sold. Our products, other than soap, should be opened within 6 months of purchase.
Since we use no preservatives or chemical stabilizers, the more important question is, "how long will the product last once it has been opened?
Once opened, skin care products become exposed to dirt and microorganisms (bacteria, yeasts, and molds) that are found in the air and on the skin.
As soon as you open and begin to use any product, simply the way in which you use it will affect its lifespan.
So, we are beginning to use the PAO (period-after-opening) symbol. These symbols are already available on the product pages of our website and we are in the process of adding them to all of our labels.
The POA symbol is a standard symbol that identifies the useful lifetime of a skin care product after it has been opened for the first time.
As you can see from the picture on the left, the symbol is an open jar with a written number and the letter "M" for the word "months."
A product with a "6M" would mean that it is good for 6 months after opening.
Tip: write the date you open a product for the first time on its label so you can keep track of the period after opening.
This POA number represents our best suggestion. There are many factors that can affect the lifespan of a product. If a product is discolored, has an unpleasant smell or looks odd, the product should not be used and should be discarded.
- Each time you place your warm fingers into a tin or jar, you melt some of the butter which can change the consistency of the product.
- Fingers also introduce bacteria and other contaminants into the product.
- If a product has not been stored properly, for example, if the lid has been left off for long periods of time, the product may ‘go off’ before the period after opening has passed.
- As scented products age, some of the natural essential oil scent may be lost. Pure essential oils just do not have the staying power of synthetic fragrance oils.
- Over time, natural colors may also fade.
If you’re like me, and you find an old dusty product hiding in a drawer, makeup bag, or even a suitcase from your last trip, you can call us with the lot number and we can verify its age. Obviously, if it seems off in any way, toss it!
Please note: This PAO symbol is widely used in Europe to recommend the length of time a product remains usable after opening, for products that have a shelf-life of at least 30 months. Our products do NOT have a shelf-life of 30 months before opening.
What Are Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils.
These natural compounds are found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits and other parts of plants.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents, they also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils can provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only. Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils to will provide the botanical benefits.
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
What Are Essential Oils? (Much more detail)
Go to our Blog Pages and click "Essential Oils" in the category section on the left to read a lot more information on essential oils.
International Customers: The 10 ounce size is not available with the Flat Rate Envelope option.">