A natural lip balm made from coffee bean infused jojoba oil and silky coffee butter that we create right here at Chagrin Valley. The aroma is absolutely fabulous--it tastes and smells like your first cup in the morning.
- Our homemade coffee butter, rich in phytosterols, provides excellent moisture retention and is easily absorbed by the skin
- Rich dark cocoa powder and unrefined cocoa butter are softening and soothing to the skin
- Provides a protective layer that locks in natural moisture
- Coffee and chocolate contain caffeine which helps temporarily plump and smooth lips
What you put on your lips goes into your body. This is an All Natural, Certified Organic, Cruelty-Free, Non-GMO lip balm.
We use coffee from Rising Star Coffee Roasters. Read more about Rising Star in the FAQs on this page.
Watch Sam on the "New Day Cleveland" show demonstrating how we use local coffee beans from Rising Star Coffee Roasters to create awesome handmade, organic skin and hair care products!
The Organic oils and butters are infused with Organic Coffee Beans
How to Use
Directions: Apply balm liberally to your lips as often as needed to help heal and protect dry or chapped lips. Particularly helpful during dry, cold weather conditions.
- Apply Lip Balm At Night: At night many people sleep with their mouths open, causing their lips to dry out. Apply lip balm before going to sleep—especially in the winter.
- Prepares Lips For Color: Moisturized lips provide smooth and soft background for color. Applying a very thin coat of lip balm before lipstick helps color shine.
Rising Star Coffee is an amazing oasis in the heart of a thriving urban area of Downtown Cleveland known as the Ohio City district. Located in the old Ohio City Firehouse, Kim Jenkins is the visionary who decided to begin the operation they refer to as "progressive coffee roasting."
We like their simple philosophy about coffee. "Buy dang good coffee and pay the farmer and the producer enough money to live and maybe even enjoy life." They develop direct trade relationships with all of their producing partners and coffee farmers. They call it "Relationship Coffee."
For a long time, all farmers in producing countries were paid slave wages and huge corporations benefited from their labor. We are proud to have a collaboration with a company like Rising Star Coffee Roasters that works directly with the coffee producers. As a result, they have not only improved the quality of the coffee, but also the quality of life for farmers that are fairly compensated for their superior beans.
At Chagrin Valley Soap we believe in the power of small businesses and know they are the engine that drives our country. Small business owners and employees have expertise in their industry, passion for the products they manufacture and sell, value their customers and take a special pride in their trade.
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
We hand blend all of our own products in small batches to ensure freshness, consistency, and perfection.
Our products are not made to sit on store shelves for years and years.
Although there are natural preservatives within the chemical structure of natural ingredients, they are nowhere near as potent as the synthetic preservatives used in commercial products to prolong shelf-life.
Other than soap, our products are remade every few weeks and none are very old when they are sold. Our products, other than soap, should be opened within 6 months of purchase.
Since we use no preservatives or chemical stabilizers, the more important question is, "how long will the product last once it has been opened?
Once opened, skin care products become exposed to dirt and microorganisms (bacteria, yeasts, and molds) that are found in the air and on the skin.
As soon as you open and begin to use any product, simply the way in which you use it will affect its lifespan.
So, we are beginning to use the PAO (period-after-opening) symbol. These symbols are already available on the product pages of our website and we are in the process of adding them to all of our labels.
The POA symbol is a standard symbol that identifies the useful lifetime of a skin care product after it has been opened for the first time.
As you can see from the picture on the left, the symbol is an open jar with a written number and the letter "M" for the word "months."
A product with a "6M" would mean that it is good for 6 months after opening.
Tip: write the date you open a product for the first time on its label so you can keep track of the period after opening.
This POA number represents our best suggestion. There are many factors that can affect the lifespan of a product. If a product is discolored, has an unpleasant smell or looks odd, the product should not be used and should be discarded.
- Each time you place your warm fingers into a tin or jar, you melt some of the butter which can change the consistency of the product.
- Fingers also introduce bacteria and other contaminants into the product.
- If a product has not been stored properly, for example, if the lid has been left off for long periods of time, the product may ‘go off’ before the period after opening has passed.
- As scented products age, some of the natural essential oil scent may be lost. Pure essential oils just do not have the staying power of synthetic fragrance oils.
- Over time, natural colors may also fade.
If you’re like me, and you find an old dusty product hiding in a drawer, makeup bag, or even a suitcase from your last trip, you can call us with the lot number and we can verify its age. Obviously, if it seems off in any way, toss it!
Please note: This PAO symbol is widely used in Europe to recommend the length of time a product remains usable after opening, for products that have a shelf-life of at least 30 months. Our products do NOT have a shelf-life of 30 months before opening.