Turn your tub into a skin-softening, soothing, exotic escape with an organic body oil formulated with a blend of organic oils infused with skin-loving botanicals and a sensual essential oil blend that will lull you into a state of blissful relaxation.
Limit of 0 per order
New Scent: We call our new complex Organic Romantic Spirit Essential Oil blend our "Love & Comfort" scent! Relax your mind, body, and spirit as you live your own whimsical fairy tale with our sensual peace and love blend. The warm, deep, alluring scent helps soothe emotions and arouse feelings of pleasure, harmony, and contentment.
Turn your tub into a skin-softening, soothing, exotic escape. This organic body oil is formulated with a rich blend of organic oils infused with skin-loving organic botanicals and a sensual essential oil blend that will lull you into a state of blissful relaxation.
The scent of love, patchouli is believed to promote increased feelings of desire. The warmth and depth of its aroma make this comforting, relaxing, and peace-inducing oil a favorite for meditation. It is a grounding and soothing oil with uplifting and stimulating properties that can help balance emotions, encourage restful sleep, and improve mood and cognitive function.
Whether you massage the oil directly on your skin or add it to a warm bath, the nourishing oils will soothe your skin while the alluring blend of essential oils provides a rich, warm experience that renews the soul and stimulates the senses.
- Nutrient-rich Organic Sunflower Seed Oil is an easily absorbed, light, and highly moisturizing oil that helps soothe irritated skin conditions, promotes smoother skin, and is good for all skin types.
- A rich source of fatty acids, Organic Unrefined Evening Primrose Oil is a soothing, moisturizing, and nourishing oil, especially for a massage that helps ease irritated skin conditions like eczema and is exceptional for dry, aging skin.
- One of nature's most effective natural moisturizers, Organic Jojoba Oil is a natural liquid wax with a chemical structure similar to that of our natural skin oil and is a good choice for all skin types. Its anti-inflammatory properties help ease irritated skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Moisturizing Organic Unrefined Sweet Almond Oil, a soothing, lightweight oil, is easily absorbed leaving the skin soft and smooth. This slippery oil is popular for massage since it allows hands to glide easily over the skin.
Each of the infused organic botanicals adds its own unique properties to this relaxing oil. For more information on each botanical, click on the name in the ingredients list!
- Aromatherapy: Clary Sage helps relieve stress, anxiety, irritability, and sadness and induces feelings of relaxation, clarity, and calmness to promote an overall calm feeling. Skin Care: The natural soothing qualities of Clary Sage help reduce skin inflammation, regulate and balance the production of natural skin oils, and tone the skin making it a great oil for both oily and dry skin.
- Aromatherapy: The penetrating aroma of Ylang Ylang promotes relaxation, calms anxiety, helps improves mood, and stimulates positive feelings. Skin Care: Ylang Ylang is a balancing oil good for all skin types. Its antiseptic properties make it helpful for acne-prone skin.
- Aromatherapy: The warm, deep, peace-inducing scent of Patchouli promotes relaxation, helps balance emotions, encourages restful sleep, and improves mood.Skin Care: Patchouli has anti-inflammatory and astringent properties, making it a good choice to help ease acne, dermatitis, and eczema. Although it has a powerful scent, it is a gentle oil that calms, tones, and tightens the skin.
- Aromatherapy: The uplifting scent of Sweet Orange brightens and warms your mood, calms, clears the mind, and reduces stress. Skin Care: Sweet Orange helps stimulate microcirculation to improve the appearance of dull skin. It balances skin oil production to help oily and acne-prone skin.
Each of the infused organic botanicals adds its own unique properties to this invigorating oil. For more information on each botanical, click on the name in the ingredients list!
Use this natural sensual body oil as a bath oil, an all-over body massage, an after-shower moisturizer to lavish your skin with love.
- All Natural, Certified Organic, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Non-GMO
- Moisturize and nourish skin, leaving it feeling silky smooth and radiant
- Alluring aromatherapeutic essential oils provide a rich, warm experience that renews the soul and stimulates the senses
- A spot treatment for stress--massage into temples or other pulse points for a sensual treat
For a moisturizing after-shower treat, add a sprayer available on our Accessories page!
While body lotions may contain some moisturizing ingredients, they are mostly made of water (notice the first ingredient listed). Our body oils can be used from head to toe instead of lotion.
If you enjoy the application "feeling" of a lotion, try massaging our body oil into warm, damp skin right after a bath or shower. Wait a few moments and gently pat dry. (Do not rub the skin dry!)
Organic Sunflower Oil infused with Organic Lavender, and Rose Petals
How to Use
Directions: Skin nourishing oils soften and pamper skin while grounding and soothing aromatic oils help balance emotions, encourage restful sleep, and improve mood and cognitive function.
calm the soul, balance emotions, arouse your senses, relieve fatigue and soothe sore muscles.
- For a skin-softening fragrant bath: Add 2 tablespoons to warm bathwater. Soak for 20-30 minutes and feel stress slip away!
- For divine body oil: Apply to warm damp skin after a shower or bath to create an organic lotion that helps dry skin fade away.
- For a serene massage: Warm the oil in your hands or place the bottle in warm water, massage and feel body tension melt away!
- a warm massage oil containing essential oils will have an increased rate of penetration of those oils most likely due to the increased blood flow caused by an increase in temperature
- massaging the area where the oil is to be applied can boost circulation and increase absorption
When using in bath or shower, always take care as your bath may become slippery.
What Are Pure Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils.
These natural compounds are found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits, and other parts of plants. It often requires several pounds of a plant to produce a single bottle of essential oil.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents but also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils may provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits for some people.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only.
Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils will provide the botanical benefits.
Be careful that the essential oil-containing products you purchase for topical use are mixed with the correct medium.
Essential oils are soluble (dissolve) in alcohol and carrier oils. However, they are insoluble (do not dissolve) in water or water-based liquids like hydrosols, milk, aloe, or even witch hazel (which contains a small amount of alcohol).
When mixed with a water-based ingredient the molecules of the essential oil will float in tiny droplets on the surface (think of oil droplets on the surface of water). Those droplets can behave like undiluted essential oils on your skin and cause irritation.
What Are Essential Oils? (Much more detail)
Go to our Blog Pages and click "Essential Oils" in the category section on the left to read a lot more information on essential oils.
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
Pregnancy & Children: We do not provide information on the safety of essential oils during Pregnancy or for use in Children because the available information is very ambiguous and often contradictory. If you’re interested in using essential oils during pregnancy or with young children please do your own research and consult your doctor, midwife, or health care professional before use.
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
All of Chagrin Valley's natural soap, shampoo bars, and personal care products are certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
The Leaping Bunny Program was developed in 1996, by The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), to identify and support companies that are doing their part to help eliminate the unnecessary use and mistreatment of animals to test cosmetic products and ingredients. The CCIC is made up of eight animal protection groups including the Humane Society of the U.S., as well as groups from Canada and Europe.
At Chagrin Valley we obviously do not test our finished products on animals (other than human volunteers), but what about the raw materials, the ingredients we use? Many products display labels claiming that their finished product is ‘not tested on animals’ but this does not guarantee that the product ingredients are actually free from animal testing.
The CCIC Standard is a pledge that a company makes to remove animal testing from all stages of product development. Our pledge to buy ingredients that are cruelty-free is integrated into the purchase order contract for all of our suppliers.
Personal care products displaying the “real” Leaping Bunny logo are certified ‘cruelty-free' using the internationally recognized Humane Cosmetics Standards. These rigorous standards require that no animal testing is performed or authorized for finished products or ingredients in any stage of product development by the company, its laboratories or its suppliers after a fixed cut-off date. All Leaping Bunny companies are subject to independent audits and pledge commitments are renewed on an annual basis.
At Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve . . .
- we do NOT test our products on animals
- we do NOT use ingredients tested on animals
- we do NOT sell into markets that require animal testing
The Leaping Bunny Program provides
the best assurance to consumers
that they are making compassionate shopping choices
by purchasing Cruelty-Free skin care!
Trying to choose the right natural soaps or skincare products can be a bit overwhelming especially when you have allergies and/or skin sensitivities.
Since we proudly list every ingredient in all of our products, reading the ingredient list will help to eliminate ingredients that may cause you problems.
We always recommend doing a patch test before using any new products especially if you have sensitive skin or allergies.
We receive so many emails asking for help with allergies, we created categories in our “Help Me Choose” section to provide information for those with allergies or sensitivities to nuts, coconut, shea butter and gluten.
We hand blend all of our own products in small batches to ensure freshness, consistency, and perfection.
Our products are not made to sit on store shelves for years and years.
Although there are natural preservatives within the chemical structure of natural ingredients, they are nowhere near as potent as the synthetic preservatives used in commercial products to prolong shelf-life.
Other than soap, our products are remade every few weeks and none are very old when they are sold. Our products, other than soap, should be opened within 6 months of purchase.
Since we use no preservatives or chemical stabilizers, the more important question is, "how long will the product last once it has been opened?
Once opened, skin care products become exposed to dirt and microorganisms (bacteria, yeasts, and molds) that are found in the air and on the skin.
As soon as you open and begin to use any product, simply the way in which you use it will affect its lifespan.
So, we are beginning to use the PAO (period-after-opening) symbol. These symbols are already available on the product pages of our website and we are in the process of adding them to all of our labels.
The POA symbol is a standard symbol that identifies the useful lifetime of a skin care product after it has been opened for the first time.
As you can see from the picture on the left, the symbol is an open jar with a written number and the letter "M" for the word "months."
A product with a "6M" would mean that it is good for 6 months after opening.
Tip: write the date you open a product for the first time on its label so you can keep track of the period after opening.
This POA number represents our best suggestion. There are many factors that can affect the lifespan of a product. If a product is discolored, has an unpleasant smell or looks odd, the product should not be used and should be discarded.
- Each time you place your warm fingers into a tin or jar, you melt some of the butter which can change the consistency of the product.
- Fingers also introduce bacteria and other contaminants into the product.
- If a product has not been stored properly, for example, if the lid has been left off for long periods of time, the product may ‘go off’ before the period after opening has passed.
- As scented products age, some of the natural essential oil scent may be lost. Pure essential oils just do not have the staying power of synthetic fragrance oils.
- Over time, natural colors may also fade.
If you’re like me, and you find an old dusty product hiding in a drawer, makeup bag, or even a suitcase from your last trip, you can call us with the lot number and we can verify its age. Obviously, if it seems off in any way, toss it!
Please note: This PAO symbol is widely used in Europe to recommend the length of time a product remains usable after opening, for products that have a shelf-life of at least 30 months. Our products do NOT have a shelf-life of 30 months before opening.