Our organic Coconut Cream deodorant is a soft solid that readily absorbs into your skin. Stay fresh naturally with our natural Summer Rain™ Deodorant!
- Moisturizing virgin coconut oil has natural antibacterial properties that naturally and effectively help neutralize underarm odor
- Silky organic cornstarch soothes skin and absorbs perspiration
- Baking soda raises the pH making the underarm less friendly to odor causing bacteria
- The ingredients in this recipe, like coconut oil and shea butter, will melt easily with body temperature
- A relaxing scent with lavender and warm floral notes
Our natural deodorants combat odor and wetness without harmful chemicals. Some of the students at Chagrin Yoga, in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, are fans of our products, especially our organic deodorants. Thank you to the students and studio for allowing us to film one of their classes as part of our video. Namaste!
How to Use
- Use daily in place of your old deodorant
- Using clean fingers (or our mini bamboo spoon) scoop up a small amount (like 1/2 of a pea)
- Baking soda can be a bit abrasive, so to prevent irritation do not rub the deodorant
- Gently apply it to your clean, dry underarm
- Just smooth it on and spread it around as it melts on your warm skin
For those who would like an applicator for our cream deodorants, try the back side of our oval bamboo spatula.
Did you ever notice that so many people are ticklish under their arm? Your underarms are one of the most sensitive parts of your body.
Why Are Underarms More Sensitive?
- Underarm skin is a bit thinner than the skin on other parts of your body
- Underarm skin is not exposed to outside elements or get a lot of use which makes skin tougher
- Underarms usually get very little sunlight
- Underarms are home to lots nerves and lymph nodes
You may notice that you can feel a simple touch more than you can on other areas of the body. When you add up all of these factors you can see why underarm skin is not only more sensitive, but also more prone to irritation.
- Keep your underarms clean
- Shaving can really irritate sensitive skin
- Be sure to moisturize after shaving
- Shave at night before bedtime to allow the skin heal a bit overnight
- Underarm pores can get clogged, so it is a good idea to gently exfoliate the area periodically
- Since this area is so sensitive, use the gentler products made to exfoliate your face rather than your body
- Do not use scratchy accessories, like loofahs, when washing which may irritate sensitive skin
- Use a natural, moisturizing deodorant
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
We do not use synthetic stabilizers or waxes, so our delicate natural products packaged in glass jars and metal tins are sensitive to temperature changes.
While shipping during warm weather seasons presents a real challenge to our natural skin care company, we accept the challenge in order to maintain our standard of natural and nourishing skin care. We hope you agree.
During warm weather, products may soften or even melt as they sit in warm mail trucks, mailboxes, or on front porches.
The quality and healing properties of our products are not affected by melting.
On sunny or warm days, BEFORE opening the jars or tins, place the items in your refrigerator for a few hours to allow them to harden, just in case they have melted in transit. If you open items, especially those in tins, to check if melting has occurred, they may spill and make a mess!
What is most important is that neither the healing properties of the product nor the usability will be affected by the melting.
What Are Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils.
These natural compounds are found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits and other parts of plants.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents, they also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils can provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only. Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils to will provide the botanical benefits.
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
What Are Essential Oils? (Much more detail)
Go to our Blog Pages and click "Essential Oils" in the category section on the left to read a lot more information on essential oils.
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
The Leaping Bunny Program was developed in 1996, by The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), to identify and support companies that are doing their part to help eliminate the unnecessary use and mistreatment of animals to test cosmetic products and ingredients. The CCIC is made up of eight animal protection groups including the Humane Society of the U.S., as well as groups from Canada and Europe.
At Chagrin Valley we obviously do not test our finished products on animals (other than human volunteers), but what about the raw materials, the ingredients we use? Many products display labels claiming that their finished product is ‘not tested on animals’ but this does not guarantee that the product ingredients are actually free from animal testing.
The CCIC Standard is a pledge that a company makes to remove animal testing from all stages of product development. Our pledge to buy ingredients that are cruelty-free is integrated into the purchase order contract for all of our suppliers.
Personal care products displaying the “real” Leaping Bunny logo are certified ‘cruelty-free' using the internationally recognized Humane Cosmetics Standards. These rigorous standards require that no animal testing is performed or authorized for finished products or ingredients in any stage of product development by the company, its laboratories or its suppliers after a fixed cut-off date. All Leaping Bunny companies are subject to independent audits and pledge commitments are renewed on an annual basis.
At Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve . . .
- we do NOT test our products on animals
- we do NOT use ingredients tested on animals
- we do NOT sell into markets that require animal testing
The Leaping Bunny Program provides
the best assurance to consumers
that they are making compassionate shopping choices
by purchasing Cruelty-Free skin care!
For my entire life I have been very picky about deodorant. I don't like sprays or roll ons, and my favorite was always a "soft solid" of a few name brands. When I started to take a look into the products I was using on my body, I quickly found out that one of the worst things I was using was my deodorant. I could barely pronounce the first 10 ingredients listed, and none of them sounded like anything I should be putting on myself daily, especially in such a sensitive area, it was shocking. I tried many 'natural' sticks of deodorant, but not only did they not feel nice going on, they didn't work at all. I eventually and sadly went back to using the non-natural kinds, until I started using yours! Your coconut cream deodorants are a dream! They feel amazing going on, better than any 'soft solid', they smell wonderful, AND they work!! After I shower and shave, they act like a lotion, and I never have to feel guilty about putting them on my sensitive skin. Thank you so much!!! I wish I had started using these years ago! I threw away everything I had and I will only use these from now on. Sara, Pennsylvania
Dear Sam (Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve Family)- I wanted to say thank you! Your products are amazing! It is one thing to be natural, but natural and effective it awe inspiring and truly a relief. I have tried others in the past, from crystals to sprays, but NEVER found a natural deodorant that worked for me.
I purchased your deodorant after two women in my family were diagnosed with breast cancers in the past three years, I gave it one more try thinking there had to be something out there that was effective. I am very interested in maintaining the health I have and thank you for providing me with a product to do that. This is the best thing I have ever done for my arm pits! Other deodorants made my skin itch and never worked the first day after I shaved, even Dove. I would recommend Chagrin Valley products to anyone, and everyone. You should take pride in your products and know that your work is appreciated. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Quite Sincerely- Josie, Louisiana
I recently ordered some of your natural deodorant and had cautious hope in its abilities. I've tried other "natural" varieties and even some home-made concoctions but they all ended in failure for one reason or another. But I love so many of your other products I just had to try this one. Well, I'm so happy to report that your recipe is a bonifide success! I love the scent (summer rain), the texture, and most of all its ability to actually keep me from smelling bad by the day's end. I exercise in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed and even after all that it is still working! No odor! Amazing!! Thank you so much! Whitney, North Carolina