A moisturizing natural insect repellent lotion bar with our special blend of essential oils that includes lemon eucalyptus, recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as an alternative to DEET!
- Keep insects away naturally!
- A safe natural alternative to chemical laden bug repellents
- Citronella, cedarwood and neem oils were long used as insect repellents
- Slip the handy natural bug repellent tin into your pocket or backpack
Plants have been protecting themselves from insects since the beginning of time. So why not harness the power of plants? That’s just what we did at Chagrin Valley. We created a line of safe and effective “Don’t Bug Me!” products to help repel insects—Naturally!
How to Use
For Best Results:
- Apply to the skin as often as required paying special attention to places that bugs like to bite you
- Apply to the pulse points on your body. These areas, which have more body heat due to the warmth of your blood, are the best spots to apply a scent that you want to last a bit longer. Pulse points are located behind your ear, at the bottom of your throat, on your wrist, inside your elbow, and behind your knee
- If wearing short pants or shirts add few good swipes up and down the arms and legs
- Most effective if applied about 5 minutes before venturing outside
- If you are pregnant, please discuss the use of any product with your health care provider
- For small children or those with sensitive skin it is recommended that you do a patch test before using and if you have any questions, check with your health care provider
- Please have adults do the applying and do not apply to children's hands
- Avoid contact with eyes--in case of eye contact, wash eyes with plenty of water
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
What Are Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils.
These natural compounds are found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits and other parts of plants.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents, they also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils can provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only. Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils to will provide the botanical benefits.
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
What Are Essential Oils? (Much more detail)
Go to our Blog Pages and click "Essential Oils" in the category section on the left to read a lot more information on essential oils.
Trying to choose the right natural soap and skin care products can be a bit overwhelming especially when you have allergies and/or skin sensitivities.
Since we proudly list every ingredient in all of our products, reading the ingredient list will help to eliminate ingredients that may cause you problems.
We receive so many emails asking for help with allergies, we created categories in our “Help Me Choose” section to provide information for those with allergies or sensitivities to nuts, coconut, shea butter and gluten.
We often receive questions as to whether our soaps, shampoos, and other items are safe to use young children.
A baby’s skin, so thin and delicate, is no place for harmful synthetic chemicals. Sadly, even some of the most trusted baby brands add nasty chemicals to their products.
Read the label on a bar of commercial baby soap or shampoo. Read the label on a bottle of commercial baby oil. Now read the ingredients in Chagrin Valley products.
We recommend starting with our Milk & Honey Baby Soap. We also recommend our three Castile soaps and a Carrot & Honey Soaps. They contain no artificial colors or fragrances.
They also make a great baby shampoo--just keep the soap away from their eyes, we do not add any chemicals that anesthetize your baby's eyes.
When you think your child is ready, try some new soaps.
As with all new products, it is best to do a skin patch test prior to full usage to test for any skin allergies or sensitivities. If you have any questions or concerns always check with your doctor or health care professional.
It is best to add only one new soap at a time and use it for a while before switching to a new soap.
Please do not ask us to diagnose your child's skin problems, we are not health care professionals. Our recommendations are based on what our customers have shared.
I bought you bug bar because I needed something that travels easily. I figured it would help somewhat because of the citronella and really wanted to try something natural. We were all surprised by the results. It really works and does not make our skin all sticky. I don’t think it works as well as the commercial products that have the strong chemical repellents, but for an evening on our patio I get to eat rather than be eaten by mosquitoes and that makes me happy enough. I feel much more comfortable using your bug bar on my kiddos all of those chemicals can’t be good for them. I really recommend the bug bar. Eliana, Georgia
My kids are very sensitive to harsh smells but don't like bug bites either. The bug off bar is a real winner with my whole family. I don't like the sprays because the mists leave a taste in your mouth that ruins every picnic. It's easy to rub on and not slimey or sticky feeling and I can easily take it with me to deal with the surprise bugs that show up when least expected. We never leave home without it. I love that its natural but what makes it a great product is that it really works. My family thanks you all. Stacey, Florida