Deodorant: Stick Woodland Breeze
Deodorant: Stick Woodland Breeze
An organic deodorant with a warm woodsy scent that readily absorbs into the skin. Shea butter, jojoba oil and coconut oil soothe delicate underarms while cornstarch helps absorb perspiration. Essential oils and a tiny bit of baking soda neutralize odor causing bacteria.
- Out Of Stock
Our organic Woodland Breeze™ natural stick deodorant readily absorbs into your skin to help you stay fresh naturally with a warm, refreshing scent loved by men and women too!
It is made with soothing and moisturizing ingredients that effectively neutralize odor and organic cornstarch to help absorb wetness. Our stick deodorants contain only a small amount of baking soda.
- Moisturizing organic virgin coconut oil has antibacterial properties that naturally and effectively help neutralize underarm odor
- Silky organic cornstarch soothes skin and absorbs perspiration
- Baking soda makes underarms less friendly to odor-causing bacteria
- The organic essential oil blend has a warm scent with earthy and light citrus notes and antibacterial properties to help prevent odor
Packaged in recyclable, push-up paperboard tubes with FSC certification--No plastic!
How To Use
Use daily in place of your old deodorant. Apply a very thin layer onto clean, dry underarms.
Remove the top and gently push up on the tube base to expose a small amount of deodorant. Hold it on your armpit a few moments. Your natural body warmth softens the deodorant to ensure a smooth, even application and prevent irritation from friction. Then gently swipe 1-2 times. Yes, 1 to 2 swipes on each armpit is all you need. More is not better!
- Please note that our natural deodorants are not antiperspirants. Often sweat will decrease as your body adjusts.
- If you live in a cold climate or during winter months the deodorant stick may become harder. So, warm the deodorant stick by rolling the tube between your hands for about 15 seconds and then warm the deodorant against the skin before applying for a gentle application to help prevent irritation from friction.
- Do not use immediately after shaving or on broken skin as this may cause irritation.
- If irritation does occur, discontinue use immediately.
- Store natural deodorant in a cool, dry place.
Most people transition seamlessly to a natural deodorant, while some report a transition period. Each of us is a unique individual and our armpit microbiome is also unique. If your armpits are used an antiperspirant or deodorant made with synthetic ingredients, please allow time for your armpits time to adjust to living without synthetic chemicals.
If you have very sensitive skin or are simply trying a new product for the first time, we always recommend doing a patch test.
For external use only. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Best if used within 6 months of opening.
Effective, Feel Good Ingredients
The goal is simple: to Harness the Power & Simplicity of Nature® to cleanse, soothe, heal, and protect your skin and hair!
Our unique formulas rely on moisturizing oils and butters, healing botanicals, and pure essential oils. We choose every ingredient with one end-result in mind….the BEST possible natural skin care for YOU!
Organic Juniper Berry Essential Oil
Organic Virgin Shea Butter*
*Ingredient is Fair Trade Certified
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an "Armpit Detox" when switching to natural deodorant?
Our bodies are quite resistant to change. Our bodies enjoy the status quo. They see change as a disruption and often resist change even if it is a positive one.
The bottom line--our body needs time to adjust to change and since each of us is a unique individual and our armpit microbiome is different the timeline varies from person to person.
Ultimately, it depends on your unique body chemistry.
Since there was so much information I wanted to share, I have written two blogs:
Part 1: Causes of Armpit Rash - Transitioning To Natural Deodorant, discusses the adjustment period and the possible causes of irritation and or rashes that some may experience when switching from a conventional antiperspirant/deodorant to an all natural deodorant.
Part 2: Transitioning To Natural Deodorant, provides some suggestions to help with the adjustment period and or to help alleviate the causes of irritation reviewed below. Part 2 also answers some common questions about using a natural deodorant.
View Answer Page
Why Is Underarm Skin More Sensitive?
Did you ever notice that so many people are ticklish under their arm? Your underarms are one of the most sensitive parts of your body.
Why Are Underarms More Sensitive?
- Underarm skin is a bit thinner than the skin on other parts of your body
- Underarm skin is not exposed to outside elements which can make skin tougher
- Underarms usually get very little sunlight
- The warm, moist environment is a breeding ground for bacteria
- The friction that occurs when underarms rub against skin or clothing can cause skin irritation
- Underarms are home to lots of nerves and lymph nodes
You may notice that you can feel a simple touch more than you can on other areas of the body. When you add up all of these factors you can see why underarm skin is not only more sensitive, but also more prone to irritation.
- Keep your underarms clean
- Shaving can really irritate sensitive skin
- Be sure to moisturize after shaving
- Shave at night before bedtime to allow the skin to heal a bit overnight
- Underarm pores can get clogged, so it is a good idea to gently exfoliate the area periodically
- Since this area is so sensitive, use the gentler products madde to exfoliate your face rather than your body
- Do not use scratchy accessories, like loofahs, when washing which may irritate sensitive skin
- Use a natural, organic, moisturizing deodorant
View Answer Page
What are essential oils?
What Are Pure Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits, and other parts of plants. It often requires several pounds of a plant to produce a single bottle of essential oil.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents but also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils may provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits for some people.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only. Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils will provide any aromatherapeutic benefits.
What Are Essential Oils (Much more detail)
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
Pregnancy & Children: We do not provide information on the safety of essential oils during Pregnancy or for use in Children because the available information is very ambiguous and often contradictory. If you’re interested in using essential oils during pregnancy or with young children please do your own research and consult your doctor, midwife, or health care professional before use.
View Answer Page
Are Chagrin Valley Ingredients & Products USDA Certified Organic?
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic Company
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
Some of my favorite products are made with ingredients that just do not exist as certified organic. Why? At this time there are no standards created for ingredients specifically used in the personal care product industry. Organic certification of personal care products is based on the organic food standards set by the National Organic Program of the USDA.
But since we are a certified organic company, we are required to submit documentation that even our "non-organic ingredients" were produced without the use of toxic pesticides, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), sewage sludge, or irradiation.
View Answer Page
Is There an Expiration Date On My Natural Skincare Product?
Product Expiration Dates
We hand make all of our own products in small batches to ensure freshness, consistency, and perfection.
Our products are not made to sit on store shelves for years and years.
Although there are natural preservatives within the chemical structure of many natural ingredients, they not as potent as the synthetic preservatives used in commercial products to prolong shelf-life.
Other than soap, our products are remade every few weeks and none are very old when they are sold. Our non-soap products should be opened within 6 months of purchase.
Since we use no preservatives or chemical stabilizers, the more important question is, "how long will the product last once it has been opened?
Once opened, skin care products become exposed to dirt and microorganisms (bacteria, yeasts, and molds) that are found in the air and on the skin.
As soon as you open and begin to use any product, simply the way in which you use it will affect its lifespan.
So, we use the PAO (period-after-opening) symbol. These symbols are already available on the product pages of our website and we are in the process of adding them to all of our labels.
The POA symbol is a standard symbol that identifies the useful lifetime of a skin care product after it has been opened for the first time.
As you can see from the picture, the symbol is an open jar with a written number and the letter "M" for the word "months."
A product with a "9M" would mean that it is good for 9 months after opening.
Tip: write the date you open a product for the first time on its label so you can keep track of the period after opening.
Our POA number represents our best suggestion. There are many factors that can affect the lifespan of a product. If a product is discolored, has an unpleasant smell or looks odd, the product should not be used and should be discarded.
- Each time you place your warm fingers into a tin or jar, you melt some of the butter which can change the consistency of the product.
- Fingers also introduce bacteria and other contaminants into the product.
- If a product has not been stored properly, for example, if the lid has been left off for long periods of time, the product may ‘go off’ before the period after opening has passed.
- As scented products age, some of the natural essential oil scent may be lost. Pure essential oils just do not have the staying power of synthetic fragrance oils.
- Over time, natural colors may also fade.
If you’re like me, and you find an old dusty product hiding in a drawer, makeup bag, or even a suitcase from your last trip, you can call us with the lot number and we can verify its age. Obviously, if it seems off in any way, toss it!
Please note: This PAO symbol is widely used in Europe to recommend the length of time a product remains usable after opening, for products that have a shelf-life of at least 30 months. Our products do NOT have a shelf-life of 30 months before opening.
View Answer Page
Are Your Products and Ingredients Cruelty Free?
All of Chagrin Valley's natural soap, shampoo bars, and personal care products are certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve has been Leaping Bunny Certified since 2013.
The Leaping Bunny Program was developed in 1996, by The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), to identify and support companies that are doing their part to help eliminate the unnecessary use and mistreatment of animals to test cosmetic products and ingredients. The CCIC is made up of eight animal protection groups including the Humane Society of the U.S., as well as groups from Canada and Europe.
At Chagrin Valley we do not test our finished products on animals (other than human volunteers). But what about the raw materials, the ingredients we use?
Many products display labels claiming that their finished product is ‘not tested on animals’ but this does not guarantee that the product ingredients are actually free from animal testing.
The CCIC Standard is a pledge that a company makes to remove animal testing from all stages of product development. Our pledge to buy ingredients that are cruelty-free is integrated into the purchase agreement for all of our suppliers.
Personal care products displaying the “real” Leaping Bunny logo are certified ‘cruelty-free' using the internationally recognized Humane Cosmetics Standards. These rigorous standards require that no animal testing is performed or authorized for finished products or any of the ingredients in any stage of product development by the company, its laboratories or its suppliers after a fixed cut-off date. All Leaping Bunny companies are subject to independent audits and pledge commitments that are renewed on an annual basis.
This annual renewal is a key requirement that sets the Leaping Bunny Program apart from other cruelty-free certification programs. Companies that manufacture products, as well as their ingredient suppliers, must annually recommit to upholding their promise to not conduct animal testing on any finished products, ingredients, or formulations.
Why is this annual commitment renewal important? "Because product formulations change, suppliers come and go, and manufacturers develop innovative lines to meet consumer needs. But we know that compassionate consumers need to be confident that no animal testing is involved in the products they use."
At Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve . . .
- we do NOT test our products on animals
- we do NOT use ingredients tested on animals
- we do NOT sell into markets that require animal testing
The Leaping Bunny Program provides
the best assurance to consumers
that they are making compassionate shopping choices
by purchasing Cruelty-Free skin care!
View Answer Page