Bath Salt: Sore Muscle
Bath Salt: Sore Muscle
Escape from body and mind fatigue, calm sore muscles and joints, and ease stubborn sinuses with this awakening, energizing, and regenerative essential oil blend.
- Out Of Stock
Need an energy boost to begin your day or after a tiring day or a workout? Experience the natural therapeutic effect of this invigorating and energizing bath salt blend. Natural salt baths help cleanse pores, balance skin oils, improve circulation and ease muscular pain and joint stiffness. A soothing soak leaves skin feeling soft and smooth You will feel reinvigorated and refreshed!
Mineral-rich salts and aromatherapy enhance the natural healing and soothing effects of a warm bath, help release stress, relax muscles and stimulate circulation.
The synergistic blend of essential oils will stimulate to awaken and revitalize senses, energize to help relieve exhaustion and mind and body fatigue, invigorate to help enhance focus during the day, soothe sore muscles and joints and help ease stuffiness from summer allergies, dry winter air, or mild congestion.
- Aromatherapy: The woody, clean scent of Juniper has a calming effect, lifts the spirit, helps relieve anxiety, nervous tension, and mental fatigue. It has a warming effect that may help ease the discomfort of muscle and joint pain. Skin Care: Juniper a mild astringent with skin toning properties, is useful for acne and oily skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties may help ease symptoms of irritated skin conditions.
- Aromatherapy: Spearmint essential oil helps alleviate fatigue, headaches, migraines, and nervousness. Its fresh, restorative fragrance helps to lift your spirits, comfort emotional stress and induce positive feelings and thoughts. Skin Care: Spearmint helps cleanse and close pores and tighten skin. It controls oil production but is gentle enough to use for combination skin. Its cooling properties can help soothe aching muscles and joints.
- Aromatherapy: Rosemary essential oil can be both energizing and relaxing. The scent of rosemary is associated with feelings of contentment which can help reduce stress levels and nervous tension, eliminate negative moods and clear the mind. Skin Care: Rosemary helps balance oily or problem skin and soothe dry skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties make it helpful for irritated skin conditions. Its soothing and pain-relieving properties can help alleviate aches and pains from sore muscles and joints.
- Aromatherapy: Lime helps stimulate positive energy and promote feelings of joy and happiness. Skin Care: Great skin tonics, citrus oils like Lime, stimulate microcirculation, balance skin oil production, and are wonderful for dull skin.
- Aromatherapy: Warming Ginger increases circulation and may be helpful for inflammatory conditions such as joint pain. The spicy, stimulating aroma helps sharpen the senses, reduce drowsiness, and ease feelings of stress, sadness, anxiety, irritability, and fatigue. Skin Care: Ginger essential oil, a warming stimulating oil, increases circulation to help brighten a dull complexion and soothe irritated skin.
- Aromatherapy: The fresh, camphoraceous scent of Eucalyptus awakens the senses, decreases exhaustion and mental fatigue, rejuvenates the spirit, eases stress, and has a soothing and calming effect on the whole body. Eucalyptus can help ease stuffiness from colds or allergies. Skin Care: There is anecdotal evidence to suggest that Eucalyptus has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can decrease acne-causing bacteria to help to reduce the frequency of outbreaks and soothe irritated skin conditions.
How To Use
- Pour 3 - 4 heaping tablespoons of salts directly into tub under warm running water
- Use hands to swirl the salts into the water
- Large and small size crystals dissolve at different rates
- Tub sizes vary--so experiment to your liking
- Breathe deep and enjoy the aromatherapy
- Feel body tension melt away!
- Soak for 20-30 minutes and rinse if desired
While salt baths have many beneficial effects, people who are under a doctor's care for any condition should consult their health care provider before taking salt baths.
Effective, Feel Good Ingredients
The goal is simple: to Harness the Power & Simplicity of Nature® to cleanse, soothe, heal, and protect your skin and hair!
Our unique formulas rely on moisturizing oils and butters, healing botanicals, and pure essential oils. We choose every ingredient with one end-result in mind….the BEST possible natural skin care for YOU!
Organic Juniper Berry Essential Oil
Organic Ginger Essential Oil
Our salts are tested for purity, naturally harvested, untreated and organic compliant.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are essential oils?
What Are Pure Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits, and other parts of plants. It often requires several pounds of a plant to produce a single bottle of essential oil.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents but also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils may provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits for some people.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only. Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils will provide any aromatherapeutic benefits.
What Are Essential Oils (Much more detail)
How Essential Oils Are Extracted
Why We Use Only Real Plant Essential Oils?
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
Pregnancy & Children: We do not provide information on the safety of essential oils during Pregnancy or for use in Children because the available information is very ambiguous and often contradictory. If you’re interested in using essential oils during pregnancy or with young children please do your own research and consult your doctor, midwife, or health care professional before use.
View Answer Page
Are Chagrin Valley Ingredients & Products USDA Certified Organic?
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic Company
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
Some of my favorite products are made with ingredients that just do not exist as certified organic. Why? At this time there are no standards created for ingredients specifically used in the personal care product industry. Organic certification of personal care products is based on the organic food standards set by the National Organic Program of the USDA.
But since we are a certified organic company, we are required to submit documentation that even our "non-organic ingredients" were produced without the use of toxic pesticides, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), sewage sludge, or irradiation.
Why Did We Become a Certified Organic Company?
What Do All of the Organic Labels Mean?
View Answer Page
Is There an Expiration Date On My Natural Skincare Product?
Product Expiration Dates
We hand make all of our own products in small batches to ensure freshness, consistency, and perfection.
Our products are not made to sit on store shelves for years and years.
Although there are natural preservatives within the chemical structure of many natural ingredients, they not as potent as the synthetic preservatives used in commercial products to prolong shelf-life.
Other than soap, our products are remade every few weeks and none are very old when they are sold. Our non-soap products should be opened within 6 months of purchase.
Since we use no preservatives or chemical stabilizers, the more important question is, "how long will the product last once it has been opened?
Once opened, skin care products become exposed to dirt and microorganisms (bacteria, yeasts, and molds) that are found in the air and on the skin.
As soon as you open and begin to use any product, simply the way in which you use it will affect its lifespan.
So, we use the PAO (period-after-opening) symbol. These symbols are already available on the product pages of our website and we are in the process of adding them to all of our labels.
The POA symbol is a standard symbol that identifies the useful lifetime of a skin care product after it has been opened for the first time.
As you can see from the picture, the symbol is an open jar with a written number and the letter "M" for the word "months."
A product with a "9M" would mean that it is good for 9 months after opening.
Tip: write the date you open a product for the first time on its label so you can keep track of the period after opening.
Our POA number represents our best suggestion. There are many factors that can affect the lifespan of a product. If a product is discolored, has an unpleasant smell or looks odd, the product should not be used and should be discarded.
- Each time you place your warm fingers into a tin or jar, you melt some of the butter which can change the consistency of the product.
- Fingers also introduce bacteria and other contaminants into the product.
- If a product has not been stored properly, for example, if the lid has been left off for long periods of time, the product may ‘go off’ before the period after opening has passed.
- As scented products age, some of the natural essential oil scent may be lost. Pure essential oils just do not have the staying power of synthetic fragrance oils.
- Over time, natural colors may also fade.
If you’re like me, and you find an old dusty product hiding in a drawer, makeup bag, or even a suitcase from your last trip, you can call us with the lot number and we can verify its age. Obviously, if it seems off in any way, toss it!
Please note: This PAO symbol is widely used in Europe to recommend the length of time a product remains usable after opening, for products that have a shelf-life of at least 30 months. Our products do NOT have a shelf-life of 30 months before opening.
View Answer Page
I Have Allergies What Natural Skincare Products Are Safe For Me?
Help! I Have Allergies
Trying to choose the right natural soaps or skincare products can be a bit overwhelming especially when you have allergies and/or skin sensitivities.
Since we proudly list every ingredient in all of our products, reading the ingredient list will help to eliminate ingredients that may cause you problems.
We always recommend doing a patch test before using any new products especially if you have sensitive skin or allergies.
We receive so many emails asking for help with allergies, we created categories in our “Help Me Choose” section to provide information for those with allergies or sensitivities to nuts, coconut, shea butter and gluten.
Check out our help me choose pages!!
If you are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients in our products, they may cause skin irritation. Even natural ingredients may cause sensitivities.
People with severe allergies--please note: If you have severe anaphylactic-type reactions to ANY of the ingredients in ANY of our products, please do not buy our products. We have dedicated soap rooms and product rooms that are kept meticulously clean, but we cannot guarantee against possible cross-contamination of individual ingredients.
View Answer Page