Treat yourself to a few moments of pure serenity with a skin-softening body and bath oil infused with Lavender, Jasmine, and Rose Petals and an essential oil blend reminiscent of a rose garden.
Limit of 0 per order
Similar to our old Rose Garden scent, but now more complex!
Have you spent most of your day taking care of everyone else? Now it is time to pamper yourself! Treat yourself to a few moments of pure serenity with this unique blend of organic oils, skin-loving botanicals, and essential oils that combined with the beneficial effects of a warm bath or massage help calm the mind and relax the body.
Whether you massage it directly on your skin or add it to a warm bath, our rose garden essential oil blend provides skin nourishing properties, relaxing aromatherapy, and an enchanting floral scent reminiscent of a wild rose garden with hints of citrus. The blend is refreshing, soothing, stimulating, and uplifting to the emotions, calms and settles the mood, and eases stress.
- Nutrient-rich Organic Sunflower Seed Oil is an easily absorbed, light, and highly moisturizing oil that helps soothe irritated skin conditions, promotes smoother skin, and is good for all skin types.
- A rich source of fatty acids, Organic Unrefined Evening Primrose Oil is a soothing, moisturizing, and nourishing oil, especially for a massage that helps ease irritated skin conditions like eczema and is exceptional for dry, aging skin.
- One of nature's most effective natural moisturizers, Organic Jojoba Oil is a natural liquid wax with a chemical structure similar to that of our natural skin oil and is a good choice for all skin types. Its anti-inflammatory properties help ease irritated skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Moisturizing Organic Unrefined Sweet Almond Oil, a soothing, lightweight oil, is easily absorbed leaving the skin soft and smooth. This slippery oil is popular for massage since it allows hands to glide easily over the skin.
Each of the infused organic botanicals adds its own unique properties to this relaxing oil. For more information on each botanical, click on the name in the ingredients list!
- Aromatherapy: The floral and woodsy scent of Lavender creates a serene and relaxing atmosphere that promotes a restful night’s sleep or stress relief at any time. Skin Care: Lavender oil can help ease, soothe and promote the healing of irritated skin conditions. It is useful for acne, oily skin, burns, sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, and insect bites.
- Aromatherapy: The calming and uplifting aroma of Palmarosa is a soft, rose and geranium-like scent that helps balance the emotions, ease stress and relax the mind. Skin Care: Palmarosa, good for both dry and oily complexions, hydrates, and helps improve the appearance of dull, listless skin. The anti-inflammatory properties may help ease irritated skin conditions.
- Aromatherapy: The penetrating aroma of Ylang Ylang promotes relaxation, calms anxiety, helps improves mood, and stimulates positive feelings. Skin Care: Ylang Ylang is a balancing oil good for all skin types. Its antiseptic properties make it helpful for acne-prone skin.
- Aromatherapy: The uplifting scent of Sweet Orange brightens and warms your mood, calms, clears the mind, and reduces stress. Skin Care: Sweet Orange helps stimulate microcirculation to improve the appearance of dull skin. It balances skin oil production to help oily and acne-prone skin.
Each of the infused organic botanicals adds its own unique properties to this invigorating oil. For more information on each botanical, click on the name in the ingredients list!
Use this enchanting organic natural body oil as a bath oil, an all-over body massage, or an after-shower moisturizer to lavish your skin with love.
- All Natural, Certified Organic, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Non-GMO
- Aromatherapeutic essential oil blend helps relieve tension with its soothing, calming, and harmonizing effect on the nerves
- Moisturizing oils and botanicals nourish skin, leaving it feeling silky smooth, soft, and radiant
- A spot treatment for stress--massage into temples or other pulse points for a blissful treat
For a moisturizing after-shower treat, add a sprayer available on our Accessories page!
While body lotions may contain some moisturizing ingredients, they are mostly made of water (notice the first ingredient listed). Our body oils can be used from head to toe instead of lotion.
If you enjoy the application "feeling" of a lotion, try massaging our body oil into warm, damp skin right after a bath or shower. Wait a few moments and gently pat dry. (Do not rub the skin dry!)
Organic Sunflower Oil infused with Organic Lavender, Jasmine, and Rose Petals
How to Use
Directions: Skin nourishing oils soften and pamper skin while relaxing aromatic oils essential oils calm the soul, balance emotions, calm and settle the mood, and ease stress.
- For a skin-softening fragrant bath: Add 2 tablespoons to warm bathwater. Soak for 20-30 minutes and feel stress slip away!
- For heavenly body oil: Apply to warm damp skin after a shower or bath to create an organic lotion that helps dry skin fade away.
- For blissful massage: Warm the oil in your hands or place the bottle in warm water, massage and feel body tension melt away!
- a warm massage oil containing essential oils will have an increased rate of penetration of those oils most likely due to the increased blood flow caused by an increase in temperature
- massaging the area where the oil is to be applied can boost circulation and increase absorption
When using in bath or shower, always take care as your bath may become slippery.
What Are Pure Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils.
These natural compounds are found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits, and other parts of plants. It often requires several pounds of a plant to produce a single bottle of essential oil.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents but also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils may provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits for some people.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only.
Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils will provide the botanical benefits.
Be careful that the essential oil-containing products you purchase for topical use are mixed with the correct medium.
Essential oils are soluble (dissolve) in alcohol and carrier oils. However, they are insoluble (do not dissolve) in water or water-based liquids like hydrosols, milk, aloe, or even witch hazel (which contains a small amount of alcohol).
When mixed with a water-based ingredient the molecules of the essential oil will float in tiny droplets on the surface (think of oil droplets on the surface of water). Those droplets can behave like undiluted essential oils on your skin and cause irritation.
What Are Essential Oils? (Much more detail)
Go to our Blog Pages and click "Essential Oils" in the category section on the left to read a lot more information on essential oils.
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
Pregnancy & Children: We do not provide information on the safety of essential oils during Pregnancy or for use in Children because the available information is very ambiguous and often contradictory. If you’re interested in using essential oils during pregnancy or with young children please do your own research and consult your doctor, midwife, or health care professional before use.
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
The Short Answer
Yes And No!
Although handmade natural soaps usually get better with age, we recommend using our soaps within 12 months of purchase. Our scented soaps should be used within 3 months after removing them from the box.
Although the soaps will not be "spoiled" after that time, you may notice some changes as natural soap ages.
- some natural colors may fade over time
- the scents from pure natural essential oil scents will fade over time
The changes in color and scent happen even more quickly in our sample size bars.
These small natural soap bars have a much greater surface area to volume ratio which allows essential oils to evaporate from the surface more quickly. However, the scent may still be there when you lather up.
I have found some ancient bars hiding in my closet that years old. The scents were gone, but the lather was incredible!
The Long Answer
For a more detailed discussion please read our blog, "The Shelf Life, Color & Scent of an All Natural Soap."
How You Can Help Prolong Shelf-Life
- Natural soaps need to breathe. Exposure to air promotes hardening of your soap and contributes to longer-lasting quality. Soap should be left unwrapped in their boxes or wrapped with breathable materials. Tight wrappers cause humid conditions by preventing evaporation of moisture.
- Our soaps are packaged in breathable, recyclable, sustainable packaging! Keep your natural handmade soaps in a dry, cool place away from sunlight, excessive heat and humidity.
- Our scented soaps, like Lavender Rosemary, can be placed in a muslin bag or wrapped in a piece of cloth and put in your linen closet or dresser drawer to give a delightful fragrance to your linens and clothes while waiting to be used.
We use three different organic/natural symbols on our website.
Each symbol has a unique definition!
The "certified organic" labeling has been developed by the USDA and refers to organic claims and labeling on food and personal care products in the United States. The USDA has very strict guidelines for the percentage of organic ingredients necessary to receive organic certification. Other countries have their own certification procedures, requirements, and standards. Labeling criteria and allowable ingredients differ from those in the US.
The USDA Organic Logo Label can be used on products that meet the standards of the first two tiers of the organic labeling system in which 95 - 100% of the ingredients are certified organic.
Most of our non-soap products fall into this category and display the USDA logo!
The Certified Organic by OEFFA label is used in our company for two reasons . . .
Soaps and Shampoos: These products contain at least 8% of the sodium hydroxide due to the process of soapmaking. Our "organic" soap is about 87% to 92% organic, but the USDA standard states that a product must be made of 95-100% organic ingredients in order to bear the USDA Certified Organic seal shown above. We are also not allowed to use the words "organic soap" on the label.
Wildharvested Ingredients: When using any agricultural ingredient (any ingredient that has a biological origin) that is not certified organic the same labeling rules we use for soap apply.
The USDA rules for proper labeling state that the products may display the certifying agent's logo but not the USDA organic logo. Our USDA certifying agency is OEFFA (The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association). Their logo is displayed on our "organic" soaps and shampoos.
Why do some soap companies use the word "organic" on their labels--even though it is against the rules? Click Here to Read More about Rules for Organic Labeling of Soap!
An Unofficial Label
Although not official labels, we use the label on the left on our website and the label on the right on our packaging. We use them for products, like the Dead Sea Black Clay, Bamboo Charcoal, Rhassoul Clay & Yogurt and Loofah Pumice Foot Soaps and our Mud & Clay and Rosemary Mint Charcoal Shampoo Bars because although they are made with organic ingredients, they do not fit the criteria for either label category described above.
Organic certification is based on organic farming and agriculture standards. As a result, the list of allowable non-agricultural ingredients (like clay, salt, mud etc) is based on raw materials used in agriculture or food production. Unfortunately, ingredients like Rhassoul Clay, Pumice, Dead Sea Mud and Bamboo Charcoal are not used in farming or food production and thus do not appear on the list.
Although it may seem long, this is really a very brief description. For more detailed information please read, "What Do All Of The Organic Labels Mean?"
I can’t get enough of rose scented skin care. The rose oil is positively heavenly and makes my skin feel soft and smooth and no longer itchy. I got the spray attachment and it is so easy to apply and not too greasy. I now have all of your rose products, like the soap and powder and I love them all. Alice, Washington