Dog Shampoo: Honey & Oats
Dog Shampoo: Honey & Oats
- Out Of Stock
Does your loyal companion suffer from dry, itchy skin? This natural dog shampoo bar is made with nourishing organic plant oils and enriched with shea butter to add shine as they moisturize, clean, and nourish your dog’s skin and coat.
The oat flour, honey, and cornstarch help soothe itchy, irritated, inflamed, and dry skin. Honey revitalizes the coat, adds shine and acts as a natural sealant.
Rich in nourishing fatty acids, Coconut Oil has natural emollient properties that help maintain a soft, silky, shiny, and healthy coat. When applied topically, the oil is readily absorbed into the skin, providing deep hydration and creating a protective layer for dry and itchy skin. Moisturizing Shea Butter is especially beneficial for dogs with dry, irritated skin.
The Essential oil blend has soothing proprieties and includes tea tree, lemongrass, and peppermint oils which can help repel fleas and ticks.
Why Our Dog Shampoo?
- Made with organic ingredients, it does not contain harsh chemicals that strip natural oils and dry out the skin leaving coats dull and lifeless.
- A rich and creamy conditioning shampoo bar.
- Lathers up easily.
- Rinses out easily and leaves fur with a mild, clean scent and helps soothe dry, itchy skin.
- Environmentally-friendly: packaged in a compostable cardboard box and no plastic bottle!
- Economical: replaces 2 or 3 bottles of liquid shampoo.
- Contains no synthetic fragrances or colors, sulfates or parabens.
- The perfect size to fit in the palm of your hand for easier use!
We are active in and support Rescue Village, our amazing local animal shelter!
Products with essential oils should not be used on cats
Need to freshen your dog’s coat between washes? Our Dry Shampoo for Dogs absorbs excess oils and leaves your dog's coat smelling fresh and clean while boosting natural shine.
We purchase our organic oats and oat flour from Stutzman's Farms. Read more about Stutzman's Farms in the FAQs on this page.
How To Use
Using a bar of soap to wash your dog is much simpler and less messy than using liquid soap. The perfect size bar fits in the palm of your hand for easier use.
- Thoroughly wet your dog with warm water
- Rub the bar on your dog's wet coat and use your fingers to create a rich, creamy lather. If necessary, put more water on the dog to create lather.
- Working from head to tail, carefully avoiding eyes, massage the natural shampoo deep into the coat on the body, belly, neck and feet.
- Rinse thoroughly to prevent dried soapy hair.
- Repeat if your dog is really dirty, but one wash is usually enough.
- Rub the coat down with a clean, dry towel.
When finished bathing your dog, allow the bar to dry out completed and then store it back in its box until the next bath time.
Tip: Apply a bit of shampoo to a small cotton face pad (I use this one) and use it to gently wipe that grimy area around the snout and under the eyes.
Products with essential oils should not be used on cats!
Effective, Feel Good Ingredients
The goal is simple: to Harness the Power & Simplicity of Nature® to cleanse, soothe, heal, and protect your skin and hair!
Our unique formulas rely on moisturizing oils and butters, healing botanicals, and pure essential oils. We choose every ingredient with one end-result in mind….the BEST possible natural skin care for YOU!
Organic Lemongrass Essential Oil
*Ingredient is Fair Trade Certified
^Used in the saponification process to turn oil into soap and glycerin. None remains in the finished product.
Made with certified organic Honey, Oat Flour & Shea Butter
Frequently Asked Questions
Why We Use Stutzman Farms' Oat Products
Stutzman Farms focuses on local and organic farming, as well as an on-site mill.
They do not bleach their flours or oats and do not use bromate or preservatives. They have many customers who follow a gluten-free diet and use their sprouted rolled oat and spelt flour. He has an amazing device called a ‘puffer’ which he uses to puff rice and corn that they then sweeten and sell all over Ohio.
Monroe's brother Arlie runs "Ice Shanty Cheese" and makes cheese from 100% grass-fed cow’s milk.
At Chagrin Valley Soap we believe in the power of small businesses and know they are the engine that drives our country. Small business owners and employees have expertise in their industry, passion for the products they manufacture and sell, value their customers and take a special pride in their trade.
View Answer Page
Why Choose Chagrin Valley Natural Soaps
Aren't all handmade natural soaps the same? . . .
The answer is NO!
Saying a soap is "handmade" says nothing about quality of the ingredients or the knowledge and skill of the soapmaker!
Chagrin Valley is not just another soap and skincare company. We are committed to healthy skin, healthy people and a healthy planet.
We are a USDA Certified Organic Company specializing in luxurious, organic, handmade natural soaps and shampoo bars rich in natural glycerin for healthier skin and hair.
It's all about the ingredients! Inspired by our love of nature, we use organic herbs, seeds, flowers, vegetables, fragrant spices, fruits, pure essential oils and purifying clays for their exceptional skincare benefits and to provide natural color, aromatherapy, texture, or gentle exfoliation. Nothing artificial, nothing synthetic, no GMO’s, just natural wholesome ingredients.
Chagrin Valley's Natural Soap & Shampoo Bars Are...
- all natural
- made with USDA Certified Organic ingredients
- handcrafted in small batches using the old-fashioned Cold Process Method
- made with sustainable and fair trade ingredients
- certified cruelty-free
- free of detergents
- free of synthetic fragrances
- free of synthetic colors
- free of artificial preservatives
- free of artificial foam boosters
- free of alcohol and petroleum products
- free of synthetic additives
- free of GMOs
- mild and nourishing
- rich in natural glycerin
- magnificent long-lasting lather
- cured for 8 to 10 weeks
Our soap making process uses only natural and organic ingredients. Why add artificial ingredients to a handmade product?
View Answer Page