Sore Muscle Blend
Don’t let mind and body fatigue slow you down. Nourishing oils soften your skin while aromatherapeutic essential oils energize your spirit, soothe achy joints and muscles, and help relieve stuffiness from summer allergies and dry winter air.
Limit of 0 per order
Don’t let fatigue or sore muscles slow you down. Step into an energizing aromatherapeutic experience.
Our organic body oil is formulated with a blend of nourishing plant oils infused with skin-loving organic botanicals and a crisp, stimulating scent that helps promote deep breathing to clear your mind and reawaken your mind and body when you are feeling run down.
A warm bath has long been known as a helpful tool for people who lead active lives but whether you add the oil to your warm bath or massage it directly on your skin, the synergistic blend of essential oils will stimulate to awaken and revitalize senses, energize to help relieve exhaustion and mind and body fatigue, invigorate to help enhance focus during the day, soothe sore overworked muscles and joints and help ease stuffiness from summer allergies, dry winter air, or mild congestion.
- Nutrient-rich Organic Sunflower Seed Oil is an easily absorbed, light, and highly moisturizing oil that helps soothe irritated skin conditions, promotes smoother skin, and is good for all skin types.
- A rich source of fatty acids, Organic Unrefined Evening Primrose Oil is a soothing, moisturizing, and nourishing oil, especially for a massage that helps ease irritated skin conditions like eczema and is exceptional for dry, aging skin.
- One of nature's most effective natural moisturizers, Organic Jojoba Oil is a natural liquid wax with a chemical structure similar to that of our natural skin oil and is a good choice for all skin types. Its anti-inflammatory properties help ease irritated skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Moisturizing Organic Unrefined Sweet Almond Oil, a soothing, lightweight oil, is easily absorbed leaving the skin soft and smooth. This slippery oil is popular for massage since it allows hands to glide easily over the skin.
Each of the infused organic botanicals adds its own unique properties to this relaxing oil. For more information on each botanical, click on the name in the ingredients list!
- Aromatherapy: The woodsy, clean scent of Juniper has a calming effect, lifts the spirit, helps relieve anxiety, nervous tension, and mental fatigue. It has a warming effect that may help ease the discomfort of muscle and joint pain. Skin Care: Juniper a mild astringent with skin toning properties, is useful for acne and oily skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties may help ease symptoms of irritated skin conditions.
- Aromatherapy: Spearmint essential oil helps alleviate fatigue, headaches, migraines, and nervousness. Its fresh, restorative fragrance helps to lift your spirits, comfort emotional stress and induce positive feelings and thoughts. Skin Care: Spearmint helps cleanse and close pores and tighten skin. It controls oil production but is gentle enough to use for combination skin. Its cooling properties can help soothe aching muscles and joints.
- Aromatherapy: Rosemary essential oil can be both energizing and relaxing. The scent of rosemary is associated with feelings of contentment which can help reduce stress levels and nervous tension, eliminate negative moods and clear the mind. Skin Care: Rosemary helps balance oily or problem skin and soothe dry skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties make it helpful for irritated skin conditions. Its soothing and pain-relieving properties can help alleviate aches and pains from sore muscles and joints.
- Aromatherapy: Lime helps stimulate positive energy and promote feelings of joy and happiness. Skin Care: Great skin tonics, citrus oils like Lime, stimulate microcirculation, balance skin oil production, and are wonderful for dull skin.
- Aromatherapy: Warming Ginger increases circulation and may be helpful for inflammatory conditions such as joint pain. The spicy, stimulating aroma helps sharpen the senses, reduce drowsiness, and ease feelings of stress, sadness, anxiety, irritability, and fatigue. Skin Care: Ginger essential oil, a warming stimulating oil, increases circulation to help brighten a dull complexion and soothe irritated skin.
- Aromatherapy: The fresh, camphoraceous scent of Eucalyptus awakens the senses, decreases mental fatigue, eases stress, and has a soothing and calming effect on the whole body. It can also help ease stuffiness from colds or allergies. Skin Care: There is anecdotal evidence to suggest that the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of Eucalyptus can decrease acne-causing bacteria to help to reduce the frequency of outbreaks and soothe irritated skin conditions.
Each of the infused organic botanicals adds its own unique properties to this invigorating oil. For more information on each botanical, click on the name in the ingredients list!
Use this energizing natural organic body oil as a bath oil, an all-over body massage, or an after-shower moisturizer.
- All Natural, Certified Organic, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Non-GMO
- Moisturize and nourish skin, leaving it feeling silky smooth and radiant
- Energize your spirit
- Soothe sore muscles and joints
- Help relieve mind and body fatigue
- Help relieve stuffiness from summer allergies and dry winter air
- Use as a spot treatment by gently rubbing into sore muscles or joints
For a moisturizing after-shower treat, add a sprayer available on our Accessories page!
Organic Sunflower Oil infused with Organic Rosemary, Devil’s Claw, Juniper Berries, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Thyme
How to Use
Directions: Skin nourishing and aromatic oils help soothe achy muscles, stimulate circulation, open respiratory passages, promote relaxation, and pamper your skin.
- For a skin-softening, comforting and restorative soak: Add 2 tablespoons to warm bathwater. Soak for 20-30 minutes and feel stress slip away!
- For divine body oil: Apply to warm damp skin after a shower or bath to create an organic lotion that helps dry skin fade away.
- For a feel-good massage: Warm the oil in your hands or place the bottle in warm water, massage into skin and feel sore, tired, and overworked muscles melt away!
- a warm massage oil containing essential oils will have an increased rate of penetration of those oils most likely due to the increased blood flow caused by an increase in temperature
- massaging the area where the oil is to be applied can boost circulation and increase absorption
When using in bath or shower, always take care as your bath may become slippery.
What Are Pure Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils.
These natural compounds are found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits, and other parts of plants. It often requires several pounds of a plant to produce a single bottle of essential oil.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents but also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils may provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits for some people.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only.
Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils will provide the botanical benefits.
Be careful that the essential oil-containing products you purchase for topical use are mixed with the correct medium.
Essential oils are soluble (dissolve) in alcohol and carrier oils. However, they are insoluble (do not dissolve) in water or water-based liquids like hydrosols, milk, aloe, or even witch hazel (which contains a small amount of alcohol).
When mixed with a water-based ingredient the molecules of the essential oil will float in tiny droplets on the surface (think of oil droplets on the surface of water). Those droplets can behave like undiluted essential oils on your skin and cause irritation.
What Are Essential Oils? (Much more detail)
Go to our Blog Pages and click "Essential Oils" in the category section on the left to read a lot more information on essential oils.
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
Pregnancy & Children: We do not provide information on the safety of essential oils during Pregnancy or for use in Children because the available information is very ambiguous and often contradictory. If you’re interested in using essential oils during pregnancy or with young children please do your own research and consult your doctor, midwife, or health care professional before use.
The answer is, YES!
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a USDA Certified Organic company.
The most important consideration in any business is its customers. Today's world of misleading claims, false advertising, and simple deception, often leaves consumers trying to discover the truth about personal products and their ingredients.
- We want our customers to know that we are committed to transparency in everything we do.
- We want our customers to know that when we say "organic," we mean it.
- We believe that in becoming a USDA Certified Organic company, our customers do not have to wonder if we really use certified organic ingredients or if our organic products are truly organic.
- So we choose to be a certified organic company and abide by the strict standards required for organic certification.
The Short Answer
Yes And No!
Although handmade natural soaps usually get better with age, we recommend using our soaps within 12 months of purchase. Our scented soaps should be used within 3 months after removing them from the box.
Although the soaps will not be "spoiled" after that time, you may notice some changes as natural soap ages.
- some natural colors may fade over time
- the scents from pure natural essential oil scents will fade over time
The changes in color and scent happen even more quickly in our sample size bars.
These small natural soap bars have a much greater surface area to volume ratio which allows essential oils to evaporate from the surface more quickly. However, the scent may still be there when you lather up.
I have found some ancient bars hiding in my closet that years old. The scents were gone, but the lather was incredible!
The Long Answer
For a more detailed discussion please read our blog, "The Shelf Life, Color & Scent of an All Natural Soap."
How You Can Help Prolong Shelf-Life
- Natural soaps need to breathe. Exposure to air promotes hardening of your soap and contributes to longer-lasting quality. Soap should be left unwrapped in their boxes or wrapped with breathable materials. Tight wrappers cause humid conditions by preventing evaporation of moisture.
- Our soaps are packaged in breathable, recyclable, sustainable packaging! Keep your natural handmade soaps in a dry, cool place away from sunlight, excessive heat and humidity.
- Our scented soaps, like Lavender Rosemary, can be placed in a muslin bag or wrapped in a piece of cloth and put in your linen closet or dresser drawer to give a delightful fragrance to your linens and clothes while waiting to be used.
All of our products are made with simple, natural, and organic ingredients, and are never tested on animals.
However, not all of our products are vegan because some are made with goat milk, yogurt, honey, eggs, or beeswax.
Our products are never tested on animals (except our human volunteers). We are certified Cruelty-Free by Leaping Bunny!
Our soaps and body care products contain no animal fats; we use a vegan base of natural plant oils and butters.
At Chagrin Valley Soap, we provide a full list of ingredients for each of our products. In this way, you can make an informed choice about a product that is right for your lifestyle.
Look for the symbol (shown on the right) on our packaging and on the product pages of our website to indicate vegan products.
Please check out this page for a list of our vegan products.
All of Chagrin Valley's natural soap, shampoo bars, and personal care products are certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
The Leaping Bunny Program was developed in 1996, by The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), to identify and support companies that are doing their part to help eliminate the unnecessary use and mistreatment of animals to test cosmetic products and ingredients. The CCIC is made up of eight animal protection groups including the Humane Society of the U.S., as well as groups from Canada and Europe.
At Chagrin Valley we obviously do not test our finished products on animals (other than human volunteers), but what about the raw materials, the ingredients we use? Many products display labels claiming that their finished product is ‘not tested on animals’ but this does not guarantee that the product ingredients are actually free from animal testing.
The CCIC Standard is a pledge that a company makes to remove animal testing from all stages of product development. Our pledge to buy ingredients that are cruelty-free is integrated into the purchase order contract for all of our suppliers.
Personal care products displaying the “real” Leaping Bunny logo are certified ‘cruelty-free' using the internationally recognized Humane Cosmetics Standards. These rigorous standards require that no animal testing is performed or authorized for finished products or ingredients in any stage of product development by the company, its laboratories or its suppliers after a fixed cut-off date. All Leaping Bunny companies are subject to independent audits and pledge commitments are renewed on an annual basis.
At Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve . . .
- we do NOT test our products on animals
- we do NOT use ingredients tested on animals
- we do NOT sell into markets that require animal testing
The Leaping Bunny Program provides
the best assurance to consumers
that they are making compassionate shopping choices
by purchasing Cruelty-Free skin care!