Dog Shampoo: Cedarwood Lavender
Dog Shampoo: Cedarwood Lavender
- Out Of Stock
Make bath time feel like a day at the doggie spa with the soothing and calming ingredients in this natural dog shampoo bar. Enriched with moisturizing sunflower oil and shea butter, it is excellent for producing healthy, shiny coats.
- Extra castor oil and shea butter penetrate dense coarse fur.
- Calendula, with anti-inflammatory and skin-healing properties is beneficial for sensitive skin.
- The natural saponins in Soapnuts help cleanse the coat and skin without over-drying and also add luster and volume for a silky, smooth coat. Natural antifungal and antibacterial properties in soapnuts may help with irritated skin.
- The essential oil blend has a fresh, warm, woodsy scent and includes oils that help reduce pet odor and may help repel fleas and ticks.
Why Our Dog Shampoo?
- Made with organic ingredients, it does not contain harsh chemicals that strip natural oils and dry out the skin leaving coats dull and lifeless.
- A rich and creamy conditioning shampoo bar.
- Lathers up easily.
- Rinses out easily and leaves fur with a mild, clean scent and helps soothe dry, itchy skin.
- Environmentally-friendly: packaged in a compostable cardboard box and no plastic bottle!
- Economical: replaces 2 or 3 bottles of liquid shampoo.
- Contains no synthetic fragrances or colors, sulfates or parabens.
- The perfect size to fit in the palm of your hand for easier use!
We are active in and support Rescue Village, our amazing local animal shelter!
Products with essential oils should not be used on cats
Need to freshen your dog’s coat between washes? Our Dry Shampoo for Dogs absorbs excess oils and leaves your dog's coat smelling fresh and clean while boosting natural shine.
How To Use
Using a bar of soap to wash your dog is much simpler and less messy than using liquid soap. The perfect size bar fits in the palm of your hand for easier use.
- Thoroughly wet your dog with warm water
- Rub the bar on your dog's wet coat and use your fingers to create a rich, creamy lather. If necessary, put more water on the dog to create lather.
- Working from head to tail, carefully avoiding eyes, massage the natural shampoo deep into the coat on the body, belly, neck and feet.
- Rinse thoroughly to prevent dried soapy hair.
- Repeat if your dog is really dirty, but one wash is usually enough.
- Rub the coat down with a clean, dry towel.
When finished bathing your dog, allow the bar to dry out completed and then store it back in its box until the next bath time.
Tip: Apply a bit of shampoo to a small cotton face pad (I use this one) and use it to gently wipe that grimy area around the snout and under the eyes.
Products with essential oils should not be used on cats!
Effective, Feel Good Ingredients
The goal is simple: to Harness the Power & Simplicity of Nature® to cleanse, soothe, heal, and protect your skin and hair!
Our unique formulas rely on moisturizing oils and butters, healing botanicals, and pure essential oils. We choose every ingredient with one end-result in mind….the BEST possible natural skin care for YOU!
Organic Fir Needle Essential Oil
Organic Virgin Shea Butter*
*Ingredient is Fair Trade Certified
^Used in the saponification process to turn oil into soap and glycerin. None remains in the finished product.
Made with certified organic Shea Butter, Calendula & Soapnuts
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose Chagrin Valley Natural Soaps
Aren't all handmade natural soaps the same? . . .
The answer is NO!
Saying a soap is "handmade" says nothing about quality of the ingredients or the knowledge and skill of the soapmaker!
Chagrin Valley is not just another soap and skincare company. We are committed to healthy skin, healthy people and a healthy planet.
We are a USDA Certified Organic Company specializing in luxurious, organic, handmade natural soaps and shampoo bars rich in natural glycerin for healthier skin and hair.
It's all about the ingredients! Inspired by our love of nature, we use organic herbs, seeds, flowers, vegetables, fragrant spices, fruits, pure essential oils and purifying clays for their exceptional skincare benefits and to provide natural color, aromatherapy, texture, or gentle exfoliation. Nothing artificial, nothing synthetic, no GMO’s, just natural wholesome ingredients.
Chagrin Valley's Natural Soap & Shampoo Bars Are...
- all natural
- made with USDA Certified Organic ingredients
- handcrafted in small batches using the old-fashioned Cold Process Method
- made with sustainable and fair trade ingredients
- certified cruelty-free
- free of detergents
- free of synthetic fragrances
- free of synthetic colors
- free of artificial preservatives
- free of artificial foam boosters
- free of alcohol and petroleum products
- free of synthetic additives
- free of GMOs
- mild and nourishing
- rich in natural glycerin
- magnificent long-lasting lather
- cured for 8 to 10 weeks
Our soap making process uses only natural and organic ingredients. Why add artificial ingredients to a handmade product?
View Answer Page
Biodegradable Soap? Are Chagrin Valley Natural Soaps and Shampoo Bars Biodegradable?
Chagrin Valley Natural Soaps Are Made Using Natural & Organic Ingredients and Are Biodegradable!
What Does Biodegradable Mean?
By definition, biodegradable means capable of being broken down by the action of living things, like natural bacteria, into simple substances that are not harmful to the environment.
If You Are A Camper Or Backpacker, Please Read On...
There are many soap makers out there with good intentions who are claiming that their biodegradable soap or shampoo is safe to use in rivers and streams.
Bringing a natural biodegradable soap on your multi-day backpacking trip is a great way to keep yourself feeling refreshed. But, even biodegradable soap can eventually pollute lakes and streams if it is not used properly.
The bacteria that break down natural soap are present mostly in the soil.
That means that even with biodegradable ingredients, you want to use this soap bar away from freshwater sources like lakes, rivers, and streams.
So, please, do not bath, wash your face, or do your dishes, even with biodegradable soap, in any river, lake, or stream.
- Use a bucket to bring your water to an area at least 200 feet away from all sources of fresh water.
- Lather up sparingly.
- Always dispose of the grey water into the soil (NOT the water source). It is also best not to pour the entire soap solution in one spot. So, you can:
- Sprinkle small amounts of grey water in a wide arc (imagine slinging the water out of your pot, as opposed to pouring it).
- Or dig a small hole (like a cathole) in which to pour the soapy water. The idea is to surround the soap with the organic soil compounds that not only helps speed up decomposition, but also helps prevent surface runoff when it rains.
Is Natural Soap Really Better for Camping?
Absolutely! Commercial soaps, body washes, shampoos, and dish soap contain synthetic ingredients. Many of these ingredients include artificial colors and scents, detergents, and chemical preservatives, such as parabens, phthalates, and petrochemicals. These chemicals do not break down quickly.
Traces of these chemicals will remain in nature for many, many years and can have a potential negative impact on plants and animals.
A biodegradable natural soap is made with natural, organic ingredients that break down efficiently when exposed to the bacteria found in the soil.
There’s no substitute for nature. Together we can protect it from impacts like overuse, trash, and harming endangered wildlife by following the principles of "Leave No Trace."
View Answer Page
What are essential oils?
What Are Pure Essential Oils?
Have you ever enjoyed the scent of a fragrant flower or herb? The fragrance comes from potent, aromatic compounds called essential oils found in the flowers, stems, seeds, bark, roots, fruits, and other parts of plants. It often requires several pounds of a plant to produce a single bottle of essential oil.
Essential oils not only give plants their unique scents but also help lure plant pollinators and protect plants from insects and other predators.
The chemical composition of essential oils may provide valuable psychological and physical aromatherapeutic benefits for some people.
It is important to note that to be a true essential oil, the oil must be isolated from the plant material by physical means only. Essential oils are NEVER extracted using solvents.
Although synthetic fragrances or "nature identical" oils are available at a much lower cost, only natural plant essential oils will provide any aromatherapeutic benefits.
What Are Essential Oils (Much more detail)
If you are pregnant or under a doctor's care for any medical condition, please consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
Pregnancy & Children: We do not provide information on the safety of essential oils during Pregnancy or for use in Children because the available information is very ambiguous and often contradictory. If you’re interested in using essential oils during pregnancy or with young children please do your own research and consult your doctor, midwife, or health care professional before use.
View Answer Page